𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.

Author's POV:

Tae's Smirk Drops...

The room was buzzing with chatter when the announcement was made. Everyone's attention shifted to the lady from the management team.

"Alright, we're done. Does anyone have any issue with the group assignments?" she asked, scanning the room.

The group collectively shook their heads, but then, a deep voice from the back cut through the silence.

"Yes, I have a problem."

Heads turned, and all eyes landed on Kim Taehyung, who casually raised his left hand. The smirk he'd been wearing moments ago was gone.

The lady blinked, slightly surprised. "Mr. Kim Taehyung?" she addressed him.

"I don't want Miss Y/N as the group leader," Tae replied, his voice steady but his gaze fixed directly on Y/N.

Y/N, taken aback, turned to meet his gaze. For a moment, their eyes locked in a silent exchange. His eyes were cold, but something in them flickered—something she couldn’t quite place. The moment lingered until the lady’s voice broke the silence.

"Can you care to explain what's your issue with Miss Y/N as the group leader?"

Tae’s lips curled into a humorless smile, and with a slight chuckle, he responded, "Ahh, yeah... actually, she stinks."

Laughter erupted across the room. Y/N felt her face burn with embarrassment, her throat tightening. She looked down at the desk in front of her, blinking back tears. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

The lady, sensing the tension, pressed on. "Well, your father and Mr. Park decided this arrangement. If you have any concerns, you can take it up with them."

Tae’s confident posture wavered. "Oh, actually... he's in the principal's office. Mr. Kim, feel free to join me and voice your concerns directly to him."

Silence fell over the room as Tae gulped, visibly unsettled by the mention of his father. The woman knew exactly how to strike a nerve, and it worked. Without another word, Tae sat down, his face stony. His eyes scanned the room, daring anyone to challenge him.

No one did. They quickly returned to minding their own business, and the lady continued with the meeting.

"As for another matter, group study will start next month since some students will be joining then. Understand?"

"Yes, Miss," everyone chorused.

The meeting ended, but Y/N couldn’t shake the sting of humiliation. As the day wore on, she buried herself in her part-time job, trying to forget the way Tae had singled her out. It wasn’t the first time, but it still hurt.

---

Later that Night...

As Y/N walked home, a small smile tugged at her lips when she remembered that Felix was in her group. Feeling a little more hopeful, she pulled out her phone and called him.

"Hey, Felix!" she greeted him.

"Hey, Y/N! How are you?" Felix’s familiar, warm voice filled her ear.

"I'm good, and you?"

"I'm doing well too..." Felix paused, clearly waiting for her to share something exciting.

"You know, college formed study groups today," Y/N said, her voice perking up as she smiled.

"Oh, really?" Felix’s excitement mirrored hers.