:°-Chapter 6: Forming Bonds-°:

Happy reading :]

3rd person POV

A knock on their door was heard, "Oi brat, we need to talk."
"Oh, seems like grumpy is here too~"

The door swung open, "it's rude to barge into a lady's room at night, shu-shu~" Fumiko said in an amused tone.

"Don't give me that crap." Her cousin bluntly said as he walked in, "Tell me why you're here."

"How harsh," Fumiko got up and acted hurt before putting on a smirk, "we're only here to go to school. That's all~"

"But why here? You had another school." Gakushu said. His suspicions grew.

"Hmm," she grinned, "I wonder?~"
"You're hiding something."

Fumiko raised an eyebrow at him,"-and you care because?"
He grunted, then turned to leave. "Goodnight." Gakushu slammed the door shut.

"Well someone's got issues~" she giggled at Sora.
"Fumiko-sama, you must sleep. School starts tomorrow and we mustn't be tardy~"

The maid got up and drew the curtains on the star-covered night sky. The last bit
of moonlight being shut out.

"Hey, Sora? Do you think the moon will go back to the way it was?" Fumiko said, referring to the moon explosion from a few weeks ago.

"I have no clue, Fumiko-sama. Hopefully we find out the cause soon,"

An hour or so later, the pair had drifted off to sleep. Fumiko was in dreamland while Sora tossed and turned underneath the covers.

She shot up abruptly, face lined with sweat. Sora had a nightmare where she was surrounded by lots of unfamiliar people, who all stared at her.

Meeting a whole class of new people was frightening, especially when they're all supposed to be the elite of the elite.

Sora became quieter and stuttered quite a lot around new people, or just anyone she wasn't comfortable with.

Carefully, she slipped out of her bed, making sure not to make a sound. The young maid headed towards the bathroom to quickly wash her face.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sora tiptoed back to the room Fumiko was currently sleeping in. The hallway was pitch-black so she could barely see anything.

Oof

She had carelessly walked into someone, causing Sora to lose balance and topple over.

Just before she hit the solid ground, she felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around her waist, not letting her fall.

Even thought it was dark, Sora could see his piercing purple gaze as if the lights were on.

"S-Sorry, A-Asano-dono-" Sora said, "d-did I wake you up?" He set her down.

"No. I was going to get another coffee and continue studying."

"That's very diligent of you- oh!" She had an idea, "h-how about I go make it for you? Then you can carry on studying!"

Before he could even say anything, Sora had rushed off to the kitchen - luckily, without hitting a wall.

~ * ~*  ~*  ~

With a mug in one hand, she entered his bedroom that was only lit by a dim table lamp.

Sora could see the side of his face: his eyebrows were crunched as he looked dead ahead, his eyes fixed on his paper.

"Asano-dono?" she interrupted as she placed the mug of coffee on the table, "this question is wrong-"

Gakushu handed her his pen, giving her permission to show him how it was done. To his surprise, Sora was correct.

Every calculation she had written was right, which led to a different answer than he previously had. Meaning he was wrong.

As much as he loathed being incorrect, Gakushu couldn't help but admire her: not many had to brains to tell him he was wrong, or even the guts to tell him.

"Adashino." he suddenly said.
"Y-Yes?" Sora responded, a bit startled from the sudden call-out of her name.

"You will be joining my class tomorrow, correct?" Gakushu carried on speaking, not waiting for a reply, "since you won't really know anybody, I could um- show you around."

Unbeknown to Sora, his face was really red at that moment.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"-iko-sama, Fumiko-sama," Sora slightly nudged her mistress as she slept peacefully. Her eyes drifted open, "Sora?"

Fumiko woke up to see her maid in Kunugigaoka's grey uniform, dressed as a normal school girl.

"Wah! Sora, you look so cute!" she reached for her phone and quickly snapped a picture of her maid.

"F-Fumiko-sama!" Sora stuttered.
"I'm keeping this~" she giggled.

Gakushu called from downstairs, "Breakfast is ready! Not that I care if you miss it!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

After breakfast was complete, Fumiko rushed out of the door. She was dressed in her school uniform along with a red scarf wrapped around neck. She pulled it up slightly to work as a mask.

"I'll see you at school, Sora." She waved, holding in her usual energetic self.

"But Fumiko-sama! It's not safe for you to walk around in public!" Her maid's face was only filled with concern.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." She then ran off.

"Adashino. Why don't you come in the car with me?" Gakushu said.

"Me?" Sora pointed at her self.
"Obviously. Do you see anyone else around here?" He grabbed her hand, "We'll be late if we procrastinate any longer."

"A-Asano-dono-" Sora was only cable to quickly swipe her bag before she was pulled into the car by Gakushu.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Fumiko POV

I was almost at the school gates but for some reason I felt uneasy. Almost like I was being watched, or even followed.

I turned around... there was no one else here other than some people also heading to school. I carried on walking.
Click

I could just make out the sound of camera shutters from behind me.

I turned around once again. Nothing had changed. No one suspicious in sight.

I must've imagined it, right?

dono: honorific that shows respect but on a lower level than -sama

I'm sorry this chapter was so late! I'll try posting as often as possible.

Cya dumdums x
Chapter released: 27/04/2023