:°-Chapter 9: Ice cream!-°:

3rd person POV

I got... E-Class?!

Fumiko had only heard rumours about the class on the hill. None of them were even remotely good.

The E-Class - short for End-Class - was where all the school misfits were sent to. It was not somewhere you wanted to be:

• major discrimination;
• poor facilities;
• no air-conditioning;
• no vending machines;
• classrooms with lots of drafts;
• overgrown grass;
• dangerous forest;
• a terribly long walk up and down the mountain.

The list could go even further.

As a rather privileged person, Fumiko had never experienced what it was like to need things. She always got what she wanted if she put on a pretty face.

Wanting to speak with the principal, the young student waited for her fellow student council members to exit - including her cousin and maid.

"Excuse me, sir. About my class-"

"You have a problem with the classes I chose?" He asked menacingly.

"N-No, of course not, sir." Even Fumiko found herself trembling beneath his gaze.

"Then you are dismissed." Gakuho gestured to the door from which she entered.

The young girl turned around and slowly walked towards the exit. As she was about the leave, she came to a halt.

"...my fiancé's there. Isn't he?" Fumiko said in a low voice. She got no answer.

"I'll take your silence as a yes... well then, have a nice day." She said politely and left through the door.

Fumiko muttered something under her breath, "as if I want to see him..."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Fumiko-sama, the tutoring program starts in two days. Aren't you nervous?" Sora asked her mistress while brushing her hair.

"Hmm, I guess so." She replied nonchalantly, staring out of their bedroom window.

"If I may," Sora asked for permission to which Fumiko gave a slight nod, "I suggest you spend time with your friends before it starts."

"I guess I could arrange something for tomorrow?" She said, "I'll talk to Sachiko-san after my shoot today."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Now hold that pose!" The photographer said as he captured a shot of Fumiko.

Her bright smile could fool any passing bystander. It hid how she truly felt; she was in absolute pain.

"Beauuutiful, darling!"

"Okay! Everyone take five!" Someone called out.

Hitori rushed over to Fumiko to fix her makeup.

"Ah, Sachiko-san. I, um- just wanted to ask,"
What's happening?! It's just a simple question!