:°-Chapter 10: Japan's Angel-°:

"come on, let's go get ice cream."

3rd person POV

Fumiko carried the little boy in her arms to the window of the ice cream truck, followed by Haya and Hiroshi, who had run outside with her.

Hitori slipped on her shoes and soon came out with a child clinging onto her - Hoshi - as she carried the actual child with one hand.

"Waaah," Hoshi complained just loud enough so only they could hear, "they're hogging Chisaka-san all to themselves!"

"Stop being such a baby." Hitori quipped, "the twins are more mature than you; they're 3!"

"What flavour ice cream do you want?" Fumiko wore her smile she had especially made for kids.

Believe it or not, children could sense when a smile wasn't real: she had to step up her game for this one.

Fumiko's smile was so perfect, so flawless, one would think she loved them as her own.

"Choc one!" The little boy said. The ice cream man handed a chocolate ice cream in a miniature cone that was better suited for the child.

His eyes lit up as he laughed, "choc one!" the little boy's smile was contagious.

The siblings lined up for their turn until it was only the eldest pair of twins left.

"Wait, us too?" Hitori asked, wondering why things had paused.

"Of course." Fumiko smiled at them.

"Yippee!" Hoshi exclaimed, running up to the ice cream truck like a seven year old.

He came back with two ice creams for him and his sister, holding their favourites.

"Chisaka-san, just how did you manage all this?" The younger of the pair - Hitori - asked.

"Well..."

Earlier that day

Fumiko had decided that it was no use trying to figure out the ice cream preferences of the Sachiko family and went with the safest option.

She looked up and was staring directly at the seller.

"You're coming with me." She was entitled to playing the pampered brat once in a while.

"You think you're funny, little-lady?" The ice cream man protested.

"On the contrary: I'm being quite serious." Her expression was still, she had no mischievous glimmer that could be found in back of her eyes.

"Well, if you think I'm coming with yo-" his eyes widened and paused.

The young teen casually pulled out multiple 10,000 Yen notes from her pocket.

The poor man was flabbergasted, "I don't know what to say- thank you so much, kind girl!" Tears sprung from his eyes.

"I haven't seen my children in so long!"

"My, what an unfortunate case of events." She faked a tear, trying to sound as sympathetic as possible.

In truth, she didn't really care... Fumiko just wanted the ice cream. However, as 'Japan's Angel', she had to act as perfect as humanly possible.