:°-Chapter 3: Cake!-°:

Surprised you're still here! Happy reading :D

3rd person POV

Fumiko sighed as she closed her cabin door. She had just finished a fashion show where she had to walk down the isle in front of thousands.

A knock on her door was heard, "Chisaka-san? May I come in?" It belonged to her stylist: Hitori Sachiko, the one person who showed her true motherly love. Even if they were both the same age.
"Go ahead," Fumiko called. The door swung open, revealing a girl with wavy chestnut-brown hair.

"Has something happened? You were different out there. That wasn't your normal smile," Hitori questioned.

"My, whatever do you mean?" Fumiko feigned innocence,

Having spent multiple hours with Fumiko, Hitori began to identify some of her habits.

Whenever Fumiko was embarrassed, she had a tendency to deny everything, and puff out her cheeks like a squirrel.

Or, when Fumiko was upset, she'd do her best to cover it up by smiling. The aura around her would be so sunny and cheerful that you'd be convinced she was having the best time of her life.

"Well, I don't mean to pry but I can tell that you weren't feeling your usual self," Hitori said while combing through Fumiko's pink smooth hair. She teased her a little, "What, did you get a boyfriend~"

"Wha- No!" Fumiko denied.
Squirrel mode activated
"I'm moving school that's all! Hmph-!" She crossed her arms and turned away.

Hitori chuckled at her childish behaviour. Whenever this happened, Fumiko would always tell a fraction of the truth to direct the subject into something else. "Where are you going then?"

"Don't remember," she huffed, "it was Kunugigaoka or somthing,"

Suddenly, Hitori's expression turned dark, "Chisaka-san, we're friends right? You'd never rat me out, would you?"
Fumiko ignored her and continued with her squirrel like actions.

Hitori spun her around in the spinning-chair so that they were facing each other. She looked Fumiko dead in the eyes, "You'd never tell anyone I have a job, right?"

"I fail to see the importance of-"

"Would. You. Tell. ?" Hitori said. She inched away from Fumiko so her face wasn't visible, "...answer," her voice slightly trembled.

"Does it even matter?"

"They'll expel me!" her outburst startled Fumiko: Hitori had always been very level-headed and responsible.

Tears ran down her stylist's face.
"I'm sorry- I was insensitive: please don't cry," Fumiko wasn't used to people breaking down in front of her.

What do I do?! Um, umm, I know! What nee-san used to do!

Gently, she gave the sobbing girl a few pats on the head. Fumiko repeated this.

Sniffling, Hitori calmed down, "I'm sorry Chisaka-san," she got down onto all-fours and bowed her head until it was touching the ground, "but I beg you, please don't have me fired!"