Chapter Four - Icebreakers/Spinebreakers

A/N: I know, I know! Unexpected, right? Team with a GIRL?? Doing the NASTY? Look, I get it. Unheard of. But this adds SAUCE! For some reason I always got bisexual vibes from this particular version of Team (My version!! Show stans, don't come for me. We all know that Team is totally gay.). I also feel that adding Kanok into the picture will add to the struggle of him discovering his sexuality and who he is. Remember, he's only seventeen! There's definitely a lot to figure out. My loves!! If you can bear with me, and keep reading and allowing the plot to develop, I will adore you forever. Thank you for reading and voting and saving, besties.

~Mimi xoxo

Songs used in this chapter:
Best Part - Daniel Caesar feat. H.E.R.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living in a warm climate has its perks. Around the beginning of the school year, an icebreaker party on the sandy Bangkok beach take place. Usually, the event falls around late September, early October to avoid sweltering heat. Students can get to know one another, eat and drink together, swim... It's that fine-line difference between high school and university.

The best part is that Team gets to spend it with his guitar and his girlfriend.

Team and Kanok's tumultuous relationship has traveled the speed of light over the course of a month, but Team likes her. To his lovesick teen-boy self, it's enough for her to be pretty and good company in and out of bed.

Being with her couldn't possibly serve as avoidance of anything else.

The two teenagers hold hands, approaching the scrappy group of college students wrestling, drinking, playing games on the sand. Team's guitar remains strapped flush to his back, business as usual. The instrument is a fifth limb at this point.

"Sawadee-kahp! I brought Kanok with me. Be nice to her na."

The girl releases Team's hand to present a timid wai to the crowd of college students.  "Sawadee-kahhh."

Kanok's cheeks blaze pink as she and Team earn a cluster of teasing and whistles from their peers, especially the guys.

Ridiculous, gross, shitheads.

"Shia, be quiet hey? Like any of you have girlfriends!", Team protests.

The girls playing and dancing on the sand giggle, some of them shoving the childish boys on their arms and flicking their heads.

A hand belonging to a kind girl named Pheung from economics shoots into the air.

"Hey, Team! Are you going to play us a song na? Everyone was hoping you'd bring your guitar with you!"

His peers are catching on quickly, where his true passion lies. If he isn't at practice or studying for a test, he's in the music room, fiddling on his guitar or the piano, etching things into his composition book with a level of concentration that many of the music majors even lack. Any student or member of faculty that walks past can see—hear—him.

If Team doesn't watch the time, it runs from him.

Another student, a second-year named Pakorn, nods in agreement with the girl as he takes a sip of his drink. "Kahp, N'Team, you're becoming a campus celebrity! When are you doing another open mic, bro?"

Team's lips part in shock, curling up into a bashful grin as he administers a couple grateful head bows to his peers. How has he not registered the level of popularity he's gained in the short time he's attended university?