Chapter Seventeen: White Swan Tragedy

A/N: GUYS I'M FINALLY BACK!! It took a while to write this but I wanted come back strong. PSA BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE: PLEAAAASE read my new Taekook short story "Right Back to You". The engagement is flopping and I wrote that for a very special artist, and I would love SO MUCH for you guys to check it out because I really love it!! All I have left to say about this update is, PLEASE READ THE CONTENT WARNINGS FIRST, I am sorry and also don't kill me. Okayyy, happy reading!

~Mimi xoxo

Matty/Ujin Faceclaim:
Actor Kim Seok-Woo (Rowoon of SF9)

Songs Featured:
It's Always You - Prem Warut
Fever - ENHYPEN
Cold War - NSB
seoul - RM (prod. HONNE)
To Be So Lonely - Harry Styles

Content/Trigger Warnings:
Swearing, semi-explicit seggs, cheating, evident grooming, alcohol, mentions of body size/dieting, lots and lots of angst, mentions of trauma including anxiety/panic attacks, shouting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phawin perches on the cozy, L-shaped couch of Malai's beach home. The younger girl flicks on the television just in time for Team's Inkigayo debut. Pharm rests his head in Dean's lap, comfortably draping his legs over Win's while Kanok and her older cousin snuggle in a giant chair, Malai sitting on Manow's lap. Team Siriyonthin is about to be the first Thai soloist working in Seoul to debut on Inkigayo with an original song in Thai.

"Winnie, are you nervous na kahp?", Dean inquires, glancing at his best friend as he plays with Pharm's hair.

"Whatever the song is, he probably wrote it for you, P'Win na!", Pharm interjects, lifting his head briefly to make eye-contact with the blonde.

Win gnaws on his lower lip, nearly making it bleed. Wiew, sitting at his feet against the couch, scolds him for the nervous habit. "Hia, don't do that. It's okay. Give me your hand na."

Win hesitates with a groan, feeling strange holding his little brother's hand. The action is somewhat embarrassing in front of the rest of their friends, even though they couldn't care less. He chooses to take it, pushing his tongue into his cheek as his eyes flick away from the teen boy. The clock mounted on the wall shows that his love will appear on the television any moment now.

"Sorry about my hand being clammy na kahp."

"Everything is going to be fine, Hia. P'Team is going to smash it. I know he'll be thinking of you up there. You're his inspiration na kahp."

The tiniest smile appears on Win's lips whilst they press together in anticipation. His gaze shifts toward the television the moment he recognizes a commercial for... YenYen. The irony.

Team presses his lips together, blue-contacted eyes focused on the glowing lights of the stage just beyond the curtain. He rubs his clear-glossed lips together, taking a deep breath. "Team-ah, don't worry. Do you know how amazing you are? You're a superstar--Shield Entertainment's favorite secret weapon. I'm willing to bet that you're going to get an encore.", Matty coos in Korean, rubbing the artists tense shoulders. "Don't overthink. You're a natural performer that everyone loves."

They've been using the language back and forth to give Team enough practice to speak to the audience. These days, it's rare that they're apart from one another. Team turns around to face his stylist and close friend, nodding his head once. "I'm sorry, Ujin-ssi. You're right. Thanks for being here."