Chapter Twenty-Two, Part Two: After The Rain...

A/N: I told you guys I would have this one out really fast! It's really just the last chapter continued. I split it into two parts because of how freakishly long it would be compared to the other chapters if I combined them into one. I've been taking a lot of measures to change my routine to make writing a lot easier for me and it's working so far! I'm shocked at the mixed opinions on last chapter... And the general amount of feedback! If there is anything I learned in creative writing class in college, it's that as writers we shouldn't be afraid to play with pushing boundaries, the concept of morals and ethics, the feelings of the readers, etc. Anyway! Thank you for those who have stuck around this long, and to any new readers! I hope you enjoy the conclusion to our last chapter. Their story isn't over!!

~Mimi xoxo

Songs Used:
Slave - TAEMIN
As It Was - Harry Styles (altered to fit storyline)

Content Warnings: Literally a little more than half of this chapter is smut. Genuinely. It really does not hold back. Mentions of anxiety, substance abuse, gr00ming. Swearing. I think that's it. Literally just... SEGGS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Team." The former athlete's perfectly shaped lips shift into a semi-smile, slightly nervous. Team gazes back at him gently, his eyes softening at the sight of him—the beauty. The glow.

"Hia."

He smiles back, pulling his old lover into a tight embrace. Team curls his fingers tightly into Win's flannel shirt, melting into his taller body. His face presses firmly against the blonde's collarbone as Win rubs slow circles on his back. It's almost as if Win isn't real, like Team is hallucinating due to the accumulation of his recent stressors. "What the fuck. How did you... Are you real na?" Phawin laughs into his dark hair, pressing his face into it. It smells the same as it always has—fresh, clean, faintly floral; like rose water.

"Mm. I'm real. I'm not a ghost, not a hallucination... I'm really here, Nong. Everything is okay na kahp." He lifts Team's face, that same warm, lopsided smile appearing on his petal-shaped lips. "Pshhh. Don't start crying on me now, you big baby na. Get over yourself." Team laughs wetly, sticking his tongue out at his old lover. Same old Phawin, same old Teerayu... It confirms the reality of Hia's presence. "I'm standing in your doorway, dickhead. Are you gonna let me in? Psht."

Team swipes tears away with the back of his wrist, shoulders shaking with soft chuckles as he steps aside, padding into the living room. "It's dimly lit in here. I've been collecting myself all night... I took a long nap earlier, woke up and had some ramyeon, and now I'm just... Relaxing in the dark with these candles and gentle playlists. It's a little pathetic, but it helps. I'm not going to drink, and I'm swearing off drugs na." Hia's eyes light up, his million-dollar grin appearing. Pride in his nong fills his soul. Team distancing himself from the bad influences in his life is one of the reasons he's here. Maybe people will judge them after all that's happened. The tabloids will never leave Team alone—of course netizens know about the toxicity that used to be, of Team's juggling. Only the people that know them, know them.

"I'm fucking proud of you. No matter what, I'm proud of you na kahp." Team stops in his tracks, his shoulders slumping as he hangs his head. It hurts like a hot poker in his heart to hear these words from his ex-partner, because he doesn't deserve it.

"Shia, Win... You shouldn't be. I've made more bad decisions than good ones. I've hurt people, I've hurt you, more times than I can count. Maybe I'm aware of it now, but God... It's too little too late, no? I don't deserve this. I don't deserve for you to be here. I'm not a good person na." Win strides over to Team, resting a hand on his shoulder. Hesitantly, he maneuvers his arms around the younger man from behind.