Chapter Twenty-Five, Part One: Karma is a Camera, Karma is a God

A/N: Hello, I am back again! After publishing last chapter I got this huge upsurge of inspiration and got very excited to carry this story further, so I managed to write this next one up in two, three days?? I think this is one of my FAVORITES of the recent chapters!! A lot of the music I've been listening to has really helped inspire me. I'm definitely going to make a playlist of the songs from this story available soon. This chapter will have a Part 2 because the sheer volume of this section of the story is definitely too much to fit into one, but I'll be getting on it ASAP!! Also... I HAVE FINALLY EXCEEDED 5k ON THIS WORK!! Thank you all SO much for your support, I love and appreciate you and your engagement! <3

~Mimi xoxo

Songs Used:
Easy - Le Sserafim
Countless - SHINee
Chase - MINHO
Karma - Taylor Swift (title reference)

T/W: swearing, anxiety/panic, mild smoking and alcohol consumption, mild sexual activity, mild injury, paparazzi stalking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team leans over the bathroom sink, gripping the edge as he gazes at his reflection, pushing his dark hair out of his face. "I need something different...", he murmurs. He's so tired of everything old. He's one of the few idols that has kept his hair color consistent throughout his career thus far, but it doesn't feel right anymore. Everything is changing—he is changing.

He rubs his face, inhaling deeply. He feels that perhaps he is overthinking things... But for once in his life, can't he do something where he isn't at the mercy of his company? His hand hovers over his cellphone, the gears in his brain turning. Fuck it, Team. Just do it.

The singer snatches his phone, searching for Manow's contact. He rubs his cheekbones, wincing at the soreness he experiences from tension as his phone rings. He sighs, leaning against the wall with closed eyes as fear that she won't answer sets in.

*Click*

"Oh, hey, Team! Sorry about that, it's kind of late. What's going on? Is Win home na kah?"

Team smiles in relief, pushing himself up from the wall. He paces out of the bathroom and into he and Phawin's bedroom, roaming lazily about the apartment. "No, he's not home. He went out with a couple of friends from school, but I didn't want to go out... I'm tired, you know? I'm tired most of the time, but I can't sleep. Something's really eating away at me na."

Manow frowns, rising from the couch, already heading to slip her shoes on. Normally when Team can't sleep, his mind roams too much. "Oh no, oh, Team... Is there anything I can do? I can come over if you need me to... Phi's asleep right now; she had a long day. But yeah, yeah, what's going on?"

Team laughs weakly, groaning with a drag of his hand over his face. "I need to do something different, Manow. I can't keep doing the same thing with my appearance, my style, the way I'd been acting. I'm tired of feeling suffocated by the industry. I mean, I'm already getting married... That's outside of the norm. Why not push the boundary further? I want to be different make people feel like... They can just be themselves and reach whatever goals they want to, look however they want to. You were the first person I thought of when I had this thought... I want to go blonde. But I need help na."

Manow pauses for a moment, a sneer creeping onto her face. Teerayu Siriyonthin, color his hair? In college, if someone would've suggested he do so, he would've shouted their ears off. "This certainly doesn't sound like you, Mr. Existential Crisis. I can help you, sure, but you're sure you want to? Your dark hair has always been such a pretty shade on you na kah."