Chapter Six

I soon find myself pacing back and forth in sherlocks study, mind racing with the possibilities of the case he was working on. I had been so focused on his work that i hadn't even noticed the time slipping away.

"So this man, Roylott, threatens you after speaking with his daughter, Helen, who's sister has just been murdered in her own room. And the only evidence you have, besides being threatened is the victims last words.

"The speckled band" yes? Sherlock replies with a smirk.

"Why are you smirking?" I asked

"no reason" he continues smirking

Finally coming to the realization of his smirk I stop my pacing

"Oh hush" I reply and sit next to him

"So the real question is this, who is this speckled band" I say

"What makes you so sure that is a person?" He questions

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Please elaborate rose"

"Well, neither of the girls have or have every owned such a piece of jewelry, and the father had promised the girls money once they are married, and at the time of his death. but what if he is the father that refuses to give away his money. so he goes out and finds someone to kill his daughter before she marries.

Sherlock's eyes widen as he shoots up from his seat and walks towards the board

"according to french law he has divide his money up equally between the two daughters, unless they are both dead then he doesn't have to give away anything"

"How did you solve it?" He asked

"It was easy, if he hadn't threatened you sherlock"

"You solved the case based on a threat?"

"Well of course, no one goes around threatening people just because they can, I still don't understand how you couldn't figure that out" I asked

The two of them sat there for a moment, lost in their own thoughts. And as the fire crackled in the background, Sherlock moved closer. Starting into his eyes.

"Rose," whispers Sherlock

"Sherlock," I reply

"I'm sorry I left" he continued, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Don't be," I tell him "you had to"

"No, rose I didn't"

"Of course you did, you're a detective Sherlock, this what you wanted all your life"

"Rose you're not listening" he says "I should have taken you with me"

I was speechless

"you've grown more beautiful Rose, I have not stopped thinking about you"

"Sherlock stop" I say pushing his hand away from my face.

"I'm terribly sorry"

"Stop!" i shake my head

"I- you can't just, no, you left, and you didn't even say good-bye," I  find my voice shaking and lips quivering, tears filling my eyes.

"I am sorry Rose, I can see that I've hurt you" he states

"oh that you can figure out" I reply, a tear falling down my cheek.

suddenly his hands cupped my face and his lips landed on mine. memories of us came in flashes as our hunger for each other grew and we soon found ourselves fighting for dominance.

I could feel the heat between my legs yet again, and my hunger for him grew as we fumbled our way to the bed. struggling to remove one another's clothes.

pulling my on top of him, still not breaking away. I find myself straddling him, bare chest pressed against his sending shivers through my body. for a moment he pauses, and pulls away, tucking my hair behind my ears yet again and not breaking his gaze. Grabbing his hand and kissing his palms just as he once did years ago. Suddenly feeling his manhood between my legs I shift my body. I have felt these feelings before, but yet they felt new.

Sherlock returning his gaze to my lips and and embracing them yet again. and feeling his arms fully around my body pulling me closer to his body, I found myself sinking onto his length, his breathing hitched as I did. letting out a small gasp of pain, before adjusting to him and then finally feeling pleasure. Placing my hand on his chest as I began to lift my hips slowly before finding a steady rhythm. hearing his groans of pleasure cause my heart to beat fast and butterflies to return. suddenly a the feeling of his lips on my neck cause me to let a moan that I didn't know I was holding in.

"Sherlock" I moaned

He groans in response. his hand still around me, he flips me over onto the bed still inside me. His lips returning to mine as he takes my hands and pins them above my head with one hand and the other gripping my thigh as he thrusts into me.

gasping with each thrust, as he goes faster reaching my climax

"sherlock" I moan again

"rose" he lets out before he too finishes

Collapsing on the bed next to me pulling me close. our bodies entangled in the sheets. My leg draped over his. my heart was still racing, his arm behind my head providing support. My hand on his chest. He reaches up to grasp it in his.

our gazes meet once more

"I love you, rose" he says

" I love you" I smile