Chapter Thirteen

As Sherlock and Emberly left the tea shop, their minds were buzzing with the information they had gathered from Edith. They knew they had to find Enola quickly, but they needed a plan. They decided to head back to Baker Street to regroup and analyze the clues they had.

Back at 221B, Sherlock paced the room while Em sat at the desk, organizing their findings.

"must you pace back and fourth?" I questioned.

"Does it bother you" Sherlock smirked.

"no.." I said returning back to the papers, occasionally glancing up watching him pace the floor. Watch him versus hearing his feet from my apartment below were two very different things. One was annoying and the other was captivating, the way he held himself as he paced back and forth caused me to bite my lower lip.

Sherlock noticed and smirked.

"we need to find out more about this boy," Sherlock said, breaking the silence. "We need to know who he is and where he might have taken Enola."

"how do we know he's still with Enola?" I started receiving a skeptical look from Sherlock. "Knowing her I'm sure she left him to fend for himself." I finished

"Hmm..." he said "maybe we should go out and see if we can find any clues as to where she went"

"Wait" I said looking at a paper he had

"If she's still looking for her mother we should probably be doing the same. if we want to find Enola we have to follow the clues your mother left"

Sherlock paused, considering Emberly's words. He knew she had a point. Enola's search for their mother was the driving force behind her actions, and if they wanted to find her, they needed to follow the same path.

"You're right," Sherlock conceded, his eyes meeting mine. "We can't ignore the trail that my mother left behind. Enola must be following those clues as well."

I nodded, a determined look in my eyes. "Let's gather all the information we have about your mother's disappearance and see if we can piece together the puzzle. Enola might have left breadcrumbs for us to follow."

We spent the next few hours meticulously going through their mother's old case files, newspaper clippings, and any other relevant documents they could find. As they sifted through the evidence, patterns began to emerge, and they started connecting the dots.

"Look at this,"I exclaimed, pointing to a photograph of their mother with a mysterious symbol in the background. "I've seen this symbol before. It's associated with a secret society"

Sherlock's eyes widened with intrigue. "The Red Lotus Society. They're known for their involvement in clandestine activities and their obsession with ancient artifacts. If my mother was investigating them, it's possible that Enola is following the same trail."

I nodded, my mind racing with possibilities. "We need to find out more about this society and their connection to our mother. If Enola is on their trail, she might be in danger."

Sherlock grabbed his coat, a determined look on his face. "We can't waste any more time. We need to track down the Red Lotus Society and find Enola before it's too late." He stood at the door waiting for me extending his hand for me to take.

I stood up, ready to join Sherlock on this new mission. reaching his side and we walked out.

With renewed determination, Sherlock and i left the apartment, ready to face the challenges that awaited them in their search for Enola and the secrets of the Red Lotus Society.

As we stepped out into the bustling streets of London, i knew that our journey would be filled with danger, intrigue, and unexpected twists. But I was prepared to face it all, with Sherlock by my side.