Chapter Seventeen

Sherlock and I were in his apartment, he was shifting through papers for clues, and I was sitting on his couch reading when I looked up irritated by the sounds of papers moving, I wished he wasn't always solving cases.

"Sherlock It's safe to say you're never going to find your mother" I spoke, but he ignored me

"Sherlock." I repeated, no answer he just ruffled through his papers trying to figure out the patterns his mother had made. Determined to find her, while also trying to figure out the Tewksbury case.

"Sherlock!!" I shouted, forcing him to finally look at me

"Stop!"

"I can't" he replied

"Why not" I questioned

"Emberly!!" he replied, I was taken back, he always called me Rose. And the way he said it, as if I was a nuisance. he noticed my reaction.

"Rose... I meant rose" he tried to correct

"I know what you meant..."

"Im sorry, I didn't mean to shout" he spoke softly

"I think I should go" I told him

"No please..." he pleaded

"I'm sorry Sherlock, I... you've taken on two cases. On which you'll never solve because she does not wish to be found, and finding the viscount... you're obsessed and it's fine I get it, I'll come in second... always"

"Fine... leave!" He said

I was shocked by the reaction but turned and left without another word. Heart broken. was it so easy for him to just let me go?

______________________________

Sorry this chapter is so short. But I have the 2nd book coming soon. if you liked this and want to read more about Emberly and Sherlock and see where their relationship goes from her.