Ch 31 : I Love You

Michael's pov

I held onto Liz's hand and squeezed it. Liz's eyes drooped low. I felt my heart rate pick up as her heart slowed down. I should be the one dying. I should die, not her.

She squeezed my hand and tried to keep her eyes opened.

"Stay strong. Stay with me. Please, be strong." I said as tears dripped down my cheeks.

"I-I can't." She stuttered. I squeezed her hand.

"Please," I whispered. I closed my eyes and just cried.

Luke and Calum were in the room. Ashton and Tori are sitting outside since they only allow 3 people at a time in here.

"C'mon sis, you can do it." Calum said. "Hang in there."

The heart monitor slowed down. The red line became almost straight and she became paler.

My heart was beating so fast. My breathing was so not normal. She can't go.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too. I always will." She said.

Then her heart stopped.

>>

I cried the whole way back to the house. I cried and cried and cried. Calum tried to comfort me but I'd always end up crying again.

We got back home in a matter of minutes. I quickly went up to my room and locked myself in. I held onto her pillow and cried.

"Michael! You can't lock yourself in there forever!" Ashton yelled from the other side of the door.

"Why not?" I shouted back my voice cracking.

"Because it isn't healthy!"

"Good! The sooner I die the sooner I'll be with her!"

"Michael, don't say that. She's with you now. She's with you in heart and spirit." Ashton said before I heard footsteps go farther.

I wiped my tears and took the photo of her and I in the park out of my pocket.

I saw the smile on her face and smiled. I miss that smile more than anything else in this world. I would kill to see her smile one more day. Her long colored hair was blowing into her face. Her nose was scrunched up. Her eyes were shining and, I love that about her.