Chapter Two: "Lights Out"

5 days after the Email..

"Its been a great time ever since I got this new job, right Max?" said Alina "I guess I'll agree with you" responded Max. Alina didn't really know Max since she was new, but she's confident she'll have a great time at the laboratory. "Ok, I better go find a subject to test, be right back" said Max "Ok!" Said Alina with a smile. "That son of a flippin' gun will be ours soon, soon (chuckles)." Alina watched Max leave the Cafe as she slurped down her Bloxy Cola. She then heard the intercom say "Alina Rose please report to the Testing Room to do testing, thank you (click)" "Oh boy" said Alina.

When Alina arrived at the Testing Room she was told about what the test was. She was going to have to see the reaction of what would happen if someone ate a watermelon in front of a Watermelon Shork. She went inside the security room with two other scientists already in there. She picked up a clipboard and the first thing she saw was a Watermelon Shork  who was brought into the room, then the guards brought in a human test subject and gave them a watermelon. They pushed both the Goo and the human onto the ground and locked the doors, the human then gave the Watermelon Shork  a stare and ate the watermelon right in front of them.

"Um, is something supposed to-," in an instant, the Watermelon Shork then lunged at the human and started to choke them till they got infected. Alina was horrified while the other two scientists hid beneath the window with absolute shock, they were terrified. Alina watched the chaos in the other room happen as was trying to take notes and study what was happening at the same time "Geez, this is really scary and crazy. Why did I get this job?" Alina thought. As the human became fully infected, two guards came into the room with pistols and held the Watermelon Shorks by their necks as they dragged them out of the room. "Well, that was uh.. Terrifying" said Alina as she left the room in shock with the two other scientists.

2 and a HALF hours later..

Alina was reading a bestiary in the Cafe on all the Gootraxians that LAMINAX has created and researched. She then looked at the Watermelon Shork page to see some of the information about the Goo from her latest test. "Huh, aggressive when people eat watermelons around them. Reacts with extreme violence to the person eating. Cool" thought Alina. She then thought about how people became gootraxians, so she looked at a page on how someone can become one. She had never seen someone get transfured by a gootrax or become one by a hazard in the facilitySuddenly, she heard Max shouting at her with rush cuz he was running pretty fast. "Alina! You need to do a another test." Max shouted "A test on what?" said Alina "A test on the crystals in the Crystal Cave during a uhm, a power outage!" "Oh kay? Alina was confused because she just did a test, she didn't think she had to do another one. And plus, she had to do it in the Crystal Cave, which she a had never been allowed in. She picked up her notebook on the table and waited for what Max said a power outage. Suddenly 3 other scientists came into area and they were talking with each other.

"Wow, you got the same test?" Said the man "Yeah, I guess it was just dumb luck hehe." Said the lady "I'm just surprised that we have to do this during a power outage, and none of us have experienced that before right?" Said the other man. "Wait" said Alina "Were you talking about a power outage? Because I have a test I need to do based off of that." "Oh really, well is it about studying a crystal during a power outage?" Said the man "YES that's it!" Said Alina "Well, that surprising, and since we're all doing the same thing how about some introductions? My names Jay ("the man" is Jay)" he said. Jay had nice black hair and was a kind yet handsome boy. "My name's Kira" said the lady. Kira was beautiful with makeup on her lips and nice purple hair. "And my name's Sol, pleasure" said the other man. Sol was just a natural brown hair boy with curvy ends and his face had freckles on his face.

"You all are pretty cool and kind" said Alina "And my name's Alina nice to meet you!" Then they all shook hands. "Great, now let's go study some gooey crystals" said Jay. But as they started walking and talking, the intercom then spoke "Attention, there has been a sudden disturbance in the power grid, activating power saving mode. For your safety, please had to the safety bunkers for your protection. Thank you" Then every light in the facility shuts off and there is suddenly a reddish glow amongst the main part of the facility. All the friends then went into full panic mode. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?" Shouted Kira "What happened to the lights?" Asked Sol.

Everyone was freaking out when the lights had suddenly shut down, everyone except Alina. " What the frick guys! Calm down, let's figure this out together" said Alina calmly "The first thing we need to do is to find the safety bunkers, right?" She said "Or we can try to do the test we received from Professor Max!" Said Jay. "Wait, Max gave you the test?" Asked Alina "Yeah, he's like one of the best scientists here, apart from past ones" responded Kira. Alina thought about this and said "Something weird is going on with us and this test,  but I guess doing it first is not a bad idea." She said. Then they went to the Crystal Cave where their assigned tests are to be done. As they entered the caves they immediately noticed the bright red light coming from the cave that shone wonderfully, as well as the crystals that created the glow.

"Woah, this is amazing!"   Exclaimed Jay "I agree, it's beautiful right Sol?" Said Kira. But when they turned to ask Sol about the cave, he was already studying a single crystal. "Oh boy" said Jay "What's wrong with him being that quick?" questioned Alina, but Jay and Kira were already ahead and walking towards Sol. "Let's meet back here, ok?" Called Jay "OK" said Alina. Alina then headed over in the opposite direction of Jay and Kira and also felt positive about this test, it also seemed like an easy test. She had never been in the crystal cave, it an entirely new experience for her. Suddenly, Alina felt kinda dizzy and was having a hard time walking in the direction she was heading. As if she had fallen into a trance. She then got her bearings and before she knew it, she was right in front of a crystal.

(Wow this was way longer than the last chapter, and plus new characters!) 1182 Words