"Missing Matters..."

First chapter of 2024, yay. This features my acquaintance, Kit. He made the book "A Riotous Game" which is now discontinued. I recommend seeing it, if you want. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Alina slouched around the Garden, feeling super lazy. She then noticed Sol come, looking odd. He seemed sad. Aline walked over to him and put a paw on his shoulder, he turned around to look at her. "Oh, hey Alina." Sol said. "Hey, what's up with you?" Alina asked. "Nothing." "C'mon, you know you wanna." She said as her tail grappled Sol's body.

"Ugh, fine." Sol replied, annoyed. "It's... My brother. He used to work here a few years ago, when it was in early work on Gootraxians. Then, he disappeared during a blackout, and no one knows why..." He said with sadness.

9 Years Ago...

"Hey, Kit. You mind helping Angelica with something?" Arman asked. "Sure, if it's not cooking related." Kit responded. The two chuckled at the joke. Angelica then came behind Kit and smacked him from behind. "OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" Kit screamed. "Help me with some eviction in the kitchen." Angelica said as she stomped back, Kit followed.

They then went into the kitchen, where a bunch of Slimepups were messing around, knocking stuff over. Angelica grabbed a bat and ran over to one, screaming. It then began to run away and the others did too. Kit moved out of the way as they left through the door, but was caught off guard and got cracked on the head with Angelica's bat. "Whoops! Sorry not sorry." She said as as ran after them.

Kit was left alone in the kitchen. He wondered around a little bit, until he heard munching and shuffling inside one of the cupboards. He opened it up to only reveal a small speaker playing the noise. "Why would there be a speaker here if-" Kit then got jump scared by Max from behind, making him fall over. Max laughed at him. "Man, you should've seen the look on your face!" Max laughed.

Kit got up and looked at Max with an angry groan, then walking away. Max followed along. "Kit, wait up!" "What?" Kit said, annoyed. "I'm wondering, how's your lil' bro doing? Does he want to join Laminax?" Max asked. "Eh, I'm convincing him not to, since it's so dangerous here. Besides, he's kinda like the quiet kid. He just a little behind in making friends, but I think he'll find some soon. Hopefully." Kit said, unsure. Arman then came up to Max and asked him for some help with some research. "Sorry, man, I'll be right back. Come to me if you need some company!" Max said. Arman dragged Max over to his office as Kit watched them, "Oh I will..." Kit said.

Kit went back to his office, then sat on his bed, looking at the picture of him and his brother. He grabbed it and held it above him. "Sol, if I could see you again, I'd spend my time with you the whole time. Playing, laughing, getting jerky. I just... *sigh* I miss you..." He put the photo on his chest, crying a little. He wiped his tears and put it back on the side drawer of his bed.

"Sudden disturbances in Main Facility power grid detected. Unable to initiate Emergency Power Grid. Please stand by..."

"Dammit. Of all the times, why now?" Kit said. He got off the bed and wondered around the place, eventually ending up in the Garden. He saw a few Slimepups and one Plantix chilling against the tree, seeming peaceful. He then noticed an odd purple glow behind one of the plants.

He walked over to it to find a set of purple night-vision goggles, which seemed pretty weird. "I don't think I've seen any of the guards use this." He said. It felt unusual that there'd be some night-vision goggles lying around in the Garden, that was just too suspicious.

"Maybe I should just leave it alone-" Kit suddenly heard voices saying to put it on, it felt weird. It was getting harder to resist, in which lead him to picking up the goggles and putting them on. Kit felt powerful, like he the power of ten trucks. His body began to change, feeling gooey. Grey goo crawled down from the goggles, completely covering his body. He grew a large lizard tail and got some other reptile-like features on his body.

Kit felt like a god. He could destroy anything. He then clicked on his goggles and saw everything in the dark, first seeing a random guard. The guard got scared and aimed his gun at Kit, who instantly fired a shot. Kit dodged it with ease and ran at him, holding him up with his hand. Kit then threw the guard at the tree without much effort, knocking him out cold. The Slimepups and the Plantix ran away as fast as they could while some guards came in to stop the threat.

Kit beat up the guards with ease, looking down on their knocked out corpses. Arman walked but he Garden and saw the havoc inside, so he quickly ran to get some backup. He later came back with two guards, only to see many other guards and Gootraxians on the ground, either beaten to death or knocked out. Arman looked up to see a deathly creature standing there, it's purple eyes staring into his soul.

"Excuse me, whatever you are, please stop this madness right now! What happened in here?" Arman said, worried

"Excuse me, whatever you are, please stop this madness right now! What happened in here?" Arman said, worried. Kit screeched back. Arman stepped back a little from the noise as the two guards started shooting him. Kit dodged all of the bullets and destroyed their guns, knocking them out clean. Arman stood there, traumatized. "Kit, please. You don't have to do this..." Arman pleaded.

The two stood there in the darkness for a a long minute, until Kit spoke up. "I trust you, but I believe that I'm not safe here anymore..." Kit said. "Wait, what do you mean?" Arman asked. Kit then turned around and walked away into the darkness. He turned around to see Arman one more time, before giving him a peace sign, then the purple eyes were gone.

"Kit?..."

Present Time

"I'm so sorry, Sol..." Aline said. "It's fine, don't worry... I've gotten over it ever since then. But, I still miss him anyway." Sol said. Aline put a paw on his shoulder, while her itself tail wrapped around from his back. "Maybe you'll see him again, someday." Alina said. "Yeah... Someday..." Sol said, looking up.

Meanwhile, in an unknown place...

The sounds of punching and boxing were heard as the dark area was filled with slightly lit lights. A Nightcrawler was practicing but got tired, and sat down to rest, then took a look of a picture with two people.

"I'll be back, lil' bro... I promise..."