☾ #4 Compassion and conscience

"He's already cute when he sleeps.. what am I thinking?"

Vanitas' POV:

I open my eyes and see the white haired vampire's face.. wait a minute.. has he been watching me sleep?! "Good morning Vanitas!" I slowly remember what happened yesterday and grab my shoulder in panic. It wasn't a dream. Everything yesterday was reality, Noé drank my blood and looked into my past. "Are you okay Vanitas? You're so.. pale.." I have to kill him.. I hold my dagger to his neck a second later "Kill.." I mumble to myself. "Hey, Vanitas we can talk about it! It was an accident!" I press the sharp blade of the dagger lightly into his throat, so deep that a small drop of blood runs down it. "Are you trying to kill me, Vanitas?.." Killing? Actually, I don't want to kill him at all.. but I promised Luna.. I will kill anyone who wants to drink my blood.. but.. I don't want anyone to die because of me again! I slowly lower the dagger again, Noé sighs in relief. "I still haven't forgiven you, don't think that! I... I'm just not going to kill you!" I hissed softly, but still loud enough for the vampire to hear me. I'm kind of not mad anymore.. not like I used to be.. I should be mad, right? Why am I not? Is there something wrong with me? I think and think, and hardly notice that Noé keeps talking to me "Vanitas!" I flinch and look at him with a questioning facet "I just wanted to say again that I'm uh.. sorry about what happened to you.. no kid deserves that.." Now he's showing pity too? This damn!.. This bloodsucker could have no pity! He's just trying to make me feel bad! Well.. but if I'm honest it worked.. i feel bad for yelling at him when i shouldn't.. it was just a natural instinct.. but it was my blood he drank even though i said no! I have to let him do that.. it felt better than with Jeanne.. I don't know how, but it was different.. it was much better.. do vampires have different teeth? Probably yes, but it won't just be because of that, will it? Why am I even thinking about it?! Apparently I blush at least slightly, because I hear Noé laughing at me softly?! That damn idiot!