☾ #8 Twilight Walk

"After all, it's Dominique.. my childhood friend?.."

Vanitas' POV:

It's been several days since my indirect confession of love.. Suddenly Noé is behaving so strangely? Anyway, I'm probably just worrying unnecessarily.. after all, today is the day of our planned walk and picnic.. he's probably just a little nervous! Now I'm almost done with the picnic basket and put on my shoes and coat. Then I quickly go into the living room, Noé is sitting there.. still "Noé! Come on, we should go!" I voiced. "Hm? Yeah, I'll be right there.." he murmured to himself, but then got up anyway and finished dressing. We go to the door together and go. We walk along a beautiful river path with many beautiful trees with golden brown leaves around us. I hold Noé's hand and after a few minutes we are there. A beautiful large shady meadow with a medium sized sparkling lake with several fish, frogs and reptiles outside or in the water. This really is the perfect place! "It's beautiful here, isn't it?" I ask, completely amazed by this place. "Mhm.. beautiful.." he whispers absently. What's the matter with him at the moment? He's so absent and withdrawn! I sigh and spread the picnic blanket out on the meadow, put the basket on top and sit down. Noé kneels on the blanket opposite me. I quickly get the food, the drinks and the plates from the basket and put them on the picnic blanket. Noé looks nervously at his phone. He seems to be texting someone? Rude.. but well, that's the way it is. I carefully put something on my plate and start to eat it. Suddenly Noé has a worried look on his face? "Is everything okay Noé?" I ask him worried. No answer, no nod, no shake of the head, nothing. "Hello? Earth to Noé?" I ask again, this time louder. Still nothing. Who does he think he is?! I put a lot of effort into this plan! "Listen to me, if you don't like it or you just want to buck around, you can go too!" it hisses out of me. Noé is almost staring into my eyes. His eyes reflect a mixture of anger and sadness. "Well then I'll just go if someone like you can't accept that it's not all about you!" he growls. huh?! What is this brain-coated vampire talking about?! "I have more important things to do than sit here!" he hisses at me. Didn't he agree?! He gets up, visibly angry, and leaves without saying a word. What got into him?! I sigh and slowly fall onto the blanket, small tears running down my cheeks. One thing is clear, today I'm not going to him anymore! I could ask Jeanne if I could stay with her for a few days.. or stay out here. Thinking cheekily I didn't notice that my entire cheek is now completely soaked with tears. It could have been such a beautiful day, before that everything was fine! Sniffling, I tidy things up and roll into the picnic blanket. Too thin to stay comfortably warm but warm enough not to get sick.. my phone rings every few minutes but I ignore it. Must be just some nuisance.. I slowly push myself up, the blanket over my back and I lift the basket. I'm on my way to the castle of Lucius Oriflamme, to the castle where Jeanne lives.. maybe she understands what was going on there? Or I can stay with her for a bit.. I hope for both. When I get there, I ring the doorbell. Jeanne opens the door and gives me her most enchanting smile. "How can I help, Vanitas? Where's Noé?", she asks meekly, "Have you really fallen out?" I nod in response to her question. "Something like that..." I mumbled. "Can I stay with you for a while? I don't want to go to Hotel Chouchou for now.." I ask softly. She nods, which relieves me a lot. "Come in, Vanitas."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the chapter c: I tried to write something more, which you unfortunately notice towards the end.. should I write Noé's perspective? Or should I write chapter 9 straight away?