The one with the move

Enjoy and thank you rehea for helping out with this chapter :)

Also when she's still in russia they're speaking russian but she knows some English and is learning everyday and almost fluent in a third language hehe
__________

2 weeks later

I let out a sigh sitting at my desk once again then check my emails. My visa has been approved. I was approved for the apartment. Next thing I have to do it book my flight and start packing.

Smiling I craft an email to let the oilers know that I will be there soon. Thankfully it'll just be the start of the season when I get there so I have nothing to worry about.

The hockey season in russia starts earlier than it does in the states so adjusting will be fun. But I'm looking forward to this next chapter.

"Vera" my boss says knocking on the door. "Hello" I reply. "Sooo? Anything?" He asks. "Yes! Everything was approved, so this is my 2 weeks notice" I answer. He smiles proudly "thank you for everything you've done the last 6 years" he says.

I smile "thank you for taking me under your wing" I reply. "You're gonna go far" he says. "I hope so" I reply. "If you ever see klim again say hi for me" he tells me.

Honestly with everything going on I completely forgot that the Oilers could potentially play his team. I don't know what team he's on despite how much we talk still. "I sure will" I reply.

Another 2 weeks later

I stand in the tunnel staring out at the ice. Today I came in before the team to take some photos of the arena for the very last time. I smile and then go over to the hallway where the players walk in and I wait for them.

A few come in together and I take their photos. "Hi vera happy last day" ivan says. "Thank you" I reply. "Happy last day!" The other two say. "Спасибо (thank you)" I reply nodding.

Once they've all arrive I sit out the locker room right by the tunnel and I wait for them to come out. Then take a video of them as they come out, each of them giving me a fist bump. Klim started the tradition and the players years after continued it.

After they're done warming up I stand at the entrance to the bench. "We would like to thank the team photographer of the last 7 years Vera! Today is her last game as she is moving on to bigger things" the announcer says.

I smile and wave as the fans cheer. The team hits their sticks against the ice and the ones on the bench hit them against the side. I sneak a photo and smile at it.