The one with the road trip

Enjoy!
______________

It has been about a week since klim was traded and moved to Edmonton. There has been 3 games since and he's gotten a few assists but no goals yet.

Amanda and I posted a ton of photos during those games and the practices. They're on a break for a few days so klim is coming over for a movie day. We use to do them all the time so we're continuing with the tradition.

"So you're sure you're just friends?" Amanda asks while we're video chatting. She wanted to brief me on how road trips work since we're leaving tomorrow for a week long roadie.

Nodding once again "yes yes I'm sure we're just friends" I answer. She shakes her head "you'd be pretty cute together" she says. "Nah we're best friends that would ruin our friendship" I reply.

"That's fair but if you have any sort of feelings for him tell him or get under someone else" she suggests. "I've only had one boyfriend before" I say. "Was that after klim left?" She asks.

I let out a laugh and nod "yes it was last year actually, he moved to Sweden to play and we broke up" I answer. "Oh that's terrible, so you're not against dating hockey players?" She asks. "I'm not sure" I reply.

We talk for a little longer before hanging up when klim gets here. "How was settling in?" I ask him. "Good but I want to find an apartment" he says.

He looks at me and smiles "how are you?" He asks. "I'm good, this place has a few more units" i answer with my heart thumping. "Yeah? Any with 2 bedrooms?" He asks. "Yeah, why?" I ask. "So we could be roomies" he answers. "Wait really?" I ask.

My heart thumps while he looks into my eyes "yeah why not" he says. "Ok uh I can contact the landlord and ask him if I can move to a 2 bedroom and you can get on the lease" I reply.

After he sits down and we look at the 2 bedrooms he looks at me "What movie should we start with?" He asks. "Titanic" I answer. "Oooo ok" he says and we find it on a streaming service. I bought a bunch of candy and chips and popcorn to snack on.

I make a bag of popcorn for us and hand him a can of coke before sitting down. "Thanks" he mumbles opening it and taking a sip.

"Welcome" I whisper and glance over at him then back at the tv and continue watching the movie with my best friend finally beside me again. He rests his head on my shoulder part way through and we stay like that for the rest of it.

When the movies over he lifts his head and we find another movie. "You excited for the road trip?" He asks while it's starting. "Yeah it should be fun" I answer. "We'll have our good luck charm with us so we should win" he says. "Who's the good luck charm?" I ask sarcastically. "You silly" he says.

Smiling I look over at him "yeah in that case you might just win the cup this year" I joke. He chuckles "maybe we'll see" he says. "I'm proud of you" I tell him. "Well I'm proud of you" he replies. "Really?" I ask.

He nods "да"(yeah) he says. "очень горжусь" (so proud) he adds. I smile "Спасибо klim" (thank you) I reply. He smiles "of course" he whispers. We go back to enjoying this movie and since we have to go early in the morning he doesn't stay late.

Before he leaves he gives me a tight hug "I'll see you in the morning" he whispers. "See you" I whisper with my arms around him. He lets go and so do I then he leaves. I lean against the door and rub my face "don't think like that" I scold myself then I go to my room and pack for the road trip.