The one with the birthday

Missing hockey so much right now I cant wait for season to start up again. In other news my birthdays soon and it's officially been 10 years of writing and I'm excited for the next 10 years since I dont see myself stopping lol enjoy!
___________________

It's been a couple days since we found out that I'm pregnant and a few more symptoms have shown up. I sneeze a lot more, my boobs are growing a bit, and the cravings have been all over the place. Klim has been super amazing and has a candy basket for me in our room and one in the living room.

That night was the first game of round 2 and they won. Tonight's game 2 and so far nobodies suspected anything. Amanda asked if I had tested and I lied and said no. Keeping this a secret is gonna be super hard.

Also today just so happens to be klims birthday so I am currently in the kitchen making chocolate chip pancakes for him for breakfast before he has morning skate and media.

While I'm pouring more batter onto the pan I feel arms go around my waist and a kiss on my neck "good morning princess" he whispers. "Good morning birthday boy" I reply. "those look good" he says. "Happy birthday my love" I reply leaning my head back and kissing him gently.

He smiles against my lips kissing me back "thank you my love" he whispers between kisses. We pull away and he rests his chin on my shoulder "welcome baby" I reply. I finish making him and I breakfast then we're off to the arena for morning skate.

Thankfully the morning sickness decided to stay away today. Amanda's in the office when I get there "hey v how ya feeling today?" She asks. "Good" I answer making sure I've got the correct camera and lenses. "Ready for today?" She asks. "Yesss so ready" I answer. "I posted on the teams instagram for klims birthday" she says showing me.

"Awe he'll love that" I reply. "You doing anything special?" She asks. "I made him chocolate chip pancakes this morning" I answer. "What about before the game?" She asks. "I think we'll just have dinner at home" I answer.

She nods "fair enough" she says. I should probably tell her so I pull my phone out "guess what though" i say. "What?" She asks looking at me instead of the laptop screen. "I'm pregnant" i answer showing her a photo of a test. She gasps standing up "oh my god" she says hugging me. "I'm so happy for you" she adds.

I smile "thank you it just feels so weird" I giggle. "I bet! Any other symptoms come in?" She asks. "Lots of sneezing" I answer before sneezing a couple times. She laughs and hands me a tissue "I didnt know that was a symptom" she says. "I didnt either til it started happening" I reply.

After I've made sure the batteries are charged I go around the arena taking photos and then I wait in the tunnel until they're coming out of the locker room. Connor and leon are first and they give me fist bumps then skate off then they come out one by one.

Klim smiles as I hold my fist out "happy birthday" I say again with a toothy smile. His eyes light up and he smiles "thank you v" he replies with a wink. I turn pink but continue taking photos of the players as they come out.

Once I'm done I send them off to amanda and she has them posted while I'm watching. "Vera how are ya?" Jay asks. "Good jay, how are you?" I ask. "Good, do anything for klims birthday?" He asks. "Made him pancakes this morning" I answer looking over at klim. "Ah well he looks happy" he says then skates off.

Morning skates goes by and I go to the office while klim has media. "I posted an edit for his birthday" amanda says when I walk in. "Did ya?" I ask. "Sure did" she says showing me. "Aww that's cute" I pout trying not to get emotional.