The one with a date

Enjoy!
_____________

Amanda plops down in her chair next to me "I need coffee" she says. "Want me to go to Tim's?" I ask her. "Please" she says handing me her card. "Get whatever you want" she says.

I nod and walk over to the nearest tim hortons that is thankfully open. There's only a few people standing in line so I stare at the menu then I order Amanda's coffee along with an iced coffee and a wrap for myself.

While i stand waiting i go on my phone and scroll through twitter looking at the replies from last night's posts. Klim got 4 points in last night's game. 2 goals and 2 assists.

"Iced coffee" the Tim's worker says. I go to grab it but someone else's hand reaches for it "oh I'm sorry" I say retracting my hand. He picks it up and looks down at it "that is ok" he says.

He looks me up and down and sees my lanyard then looks back at my face "vera? That sounds russian" he says. I nod "it is" I reply. "I know this is straight forward but would you like to get coffee sometime?" He asks.

Oh. That's unexpected. "Oh uh sure" I answer. We exchange numbers and then my food and our drinks are ready and he walks away with his.

I get back to the office and sit down puzzled. "Uh I have a coffee date" I say. "Whaaat?" She asks surprised. "I almost grabbed the wrong coffee and the guy asked to get coffee" I reply. "Go vera" she says. "I haven't had a date in so long" I cringe.

She nods "ah ha would you like some help?" She asks. "Please" I answer. She starts giving me advice and I check my phone.

Unknown

Hey its Andrew from Tim's

So that date

Does tomorrow at 5 sound good?

Vera

5 sounds good

Andrew 

See you then

Great. "I guess I'll see him at 5 tomorrow" I say. "Good thing the games tonight" she says. "Very true" I reply. We caffeinate and before the fans are let in I speed up to the catwalk and take some photos of the empty arena before going back to the media room.

Amanda posts the photos and while the fans are filing in I go around taking photos and send them over to amanda before going back.

During warmups I sit at the bench taking photos of them then speed over to the bottom of the section by stuart warming up. Then I go back to the bench. Klim skates over while I'm taking photos of the team.

"Hey friend" he greets. "Hey klim" I reply. "How're you?" He asks. "Good, you ready for tonight?" I ask. He nods "sure am" he answers then takes a sip of his water. "Good" I reply.

He holds his fist out and I give him a fist bump before he skates off to stretch. I take a few more photos and send them off to amanda.

5 minutes before warmups end I speed off to the media room and rest for a little and finish my coffee. "Jack brought some red bull from consession" amanda says. "Sweet" I say grabbing a watermelon one.