𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Sevyn was sitting at the table with Lola for once, sitting quietly in her lap;her leg bounced nervously as she checked the time

Sevyn was sitting at the table with Lola for once, sitting quietly in her lap;her leg bounced nervously as she checked the time. He was already 15 minutes late, her patience running thin with him.

"Mommy, I hungry.." Lola frowned looking up at her mama.

"Okay baby what you want?" She grabbed the kiddie menu off the table and pointed at the pictures for options.

"Fishy fishhh FISH—" Lola started to get loud and hyper per usual.

"Fats, just say fish sticks girl.." Sevyn laughed and looked around for the waitress. She noticed at the front Dayvon walking in as he pulled his hoodie off of his head talking to the host before she pointed in their direction.

He walked over and quietly slid in the booth across from her. She looked up at him and they just stared at each other for a minute.

"Can I get you guys...started with anything today?" The waitress walked up, pausing a little as they both turned their heads towards her slowly at the same time breaking their eye contact. Sevyn broke out of her trance and cleared her throat.

"Can I just get a water, and a kids fish stick..meal." She said with a friendly smile and she nodded writing it down.

"Alrightttt...And for you!?" She finished writing it and looked to him.

"I'm good." Von mumbles, glancing at her for a second and she nodded and walked off again. 

"Go." Sevyn motioned for him to talk and he sighed hard.

"First I just wanna say I'm sorry for creeping on you shorty and breaking into ya lil crib. I'm sorry for the other day too. Shit got out of hand with ya new nigga or whatever..."  He uttered and she rolled her eyes.

"But I want you to know dat I ain't doing this shit because of them rumors Sevyn..ion give a fuck about what people think of me. I'm genuinely tryna form a connection with Lola cause I want too." He was speaking quietly, looking at her as she looked anywhere but his eyes, but she was listening to him.

"I can't even use the excuse that I was young and shit.. I was 24, I could have put my pride aside and been there for you but I chose not too. Truth being told I ain't care about you no more.. I completely turned that part of me off the moment..we found out you was pregnant." He said and she looked at him finally both of their hearts sinking.

"I still loved you, that's the one promise I never broke wit you Sevyn I love you to this day still the only female.." He leaned forward.

"Kema?...that Asian doll rapper you dated for a while?" She said softly and he shook his head.

"Never. They not you...I can't find what you got in them, trust me I tried." He says licking his lips and running his hand through his dreads.

"I find it hard to believe you truly loved me..you don't do what you did to someone you love Dayvon." She was quiet with her volume but assertive and sharp with her tone.