Struggling Alone (Just Todoroki)

Ship: Todoroki x No one

Setting: High School Au. No Quirks Au. He's a first year

Story type: Angst

No Top or Bottom needed

Triggers: S3lf h4rm, Su1c1d3, D3pr3ss1on, Ch1ld 4bus3

Plot:
Shoto Todoroki is the youngest son of the Todoroki family. And he is being abused by his family. His father, mother, sister and brother.

Why?

His parents get angry with him when he's not the best at something. Because he's a Todoroki, it's expected of him. His mom and sister were top of their classes, his brother was the top athlete of his class and his father was both.

He gets punished when he gets second in anything, and the punishments only get worse when he's lower in the standings. It could be things like no dinner to an actual beating.

His siblings get mad at him because their parents are putting all their eggs in his basket when he isn't even worth it. So they like to emotionally abuse and torment him any chance they get. Sometimes even physically too.

His home life is just all around bad.

When goes to school, he just sits quietly in his seat and pays attention. He doesn't talk with his classmates unless the teacher specifically instructs them too.

Even though he doesn't talk to them, he hears everything. They often talk about how their families are. It hurts every time he hears a story.

"Why can't my family be like that?" He thinks a lot of the time.

Then they talk about families in class. Things go wrong.

Eventually, this feeling gets to him...

Story: (it's a sad one)

Shoto Todoroki is a quiet, first year student at UA high school. He's the youngest of the very successful Todoroki family. He lives with his dad (Enji), mom (Rei), sister (Fuyumi) and brother (Natsou).

He's not quiet by choice though. He doesn't have time for friends because he's either constantly studying or on punishment (and studying there too).

Why is he studying so much and always on punishment?

Because he's not top of his class.

All of his family was top of something in their graduating class. Whether it was valedictorian like his sister and mother or Top athlete like his brother or both like his father.

He was expected to be one of them, but he was awful at sports and there was always someone smarter than him.

Don't get it wrong, Shoto was very smart. His test average was a 98 and he's a straight A student. But if he's not the top, it's failing in his parents' eyes.

And because it's failing, Shoto gets punished every time. His parents give him harsher punishments, the lower he is on the standing.

So if he's 2nd, his parents will make him go to bed without dinner. But if he gets anything less than 5th, his father will beat him.

Shoto never gets a break. He tries so hard and does so well, but it's not good enough for his parents. He has gone into a depression because of this treatment.

He has no one to talk to either. He has no friends. His parents will just tell him to stop feeling like that and use that energy to study harder. And his siblings...

They are just as bad as his parents...

You see, the reason the Todorokis are so successful is because they have a family run business. The company was always passed to the youngest of the children, which is Shoto in this case.