Chapter 4: Hurts So Good

TW: Sensitive chapter, nothing too graphic but mentions of getting taken advantage of

SKYLAR AND ELAINE WERE CURRENTLY AT their favorite restaurant talking about the incident that had happened the previous night.

"Honestly, I'm not mad at JJ." Elaine shrugs taking a sip of her water. She got two drinks. Water to cure her hangover. A Sprite for fun.

"Hmm?" I question.

"I mean Topper almost killed his best friend, literally." She takes another sip of water. "I woulda' fine the same." The girl shrugs crossing her arms.

I nod my head agreeing with her.

"Mmm, also he almost killed your brother." Elaine points out.

"Oh my god, you should see his messed up face." I shake my head sipping my sprite.

"Oh I can't even imagine."

"It's bad." I emphasize bad.

The two girls laugh.

"Ok, I have the chicken tender with fries." Our waitress says with two plates in her hands.

"That's me!" Elaine smiles slightly raising her hand.

She sets the plate down.

"And for you I have old fashioned chicken and dumplings." She says flashing me a smile putting the metal bowl down in front of me.

"Anything else I can get you two?" The blonde lady asks.

"I think we're good thank you." I smile nodding.

"Alright then enjoy!" She says walking away.

"You to-" Elaine stops herself from what she was saying.

I laugh picking up my spoon.

"Oh my gosh, why do I always do that?" She asks picking up one of her fries and dipping it in her honey mustard.

"It's ok we've all done it." I defend dipping my spoon in the bowl in front of me.

The two girls giggle.

The bell to the restaurant chimes and three males walk in just the people I didn't want to see.

It was Kelce, Rafe, and my ex boyfriend Dawson.