Chapter 5: Red

THE SOUND OF MY BLARING ALARM AWOKEN me from my night's rest

I pressed the 'stop' button on my phone reading the time it was five in the morning. In North Carolina the sunrises at 6:51 so I wanna get on the boat before then.

I look over at Elaine who is still sound asleep, I'll let her sleep and get her up a little later.

I throw the covers off me and swing my legs over the edge of my bed my feet coming in contact with the cold wooden floor making me slightly shiver.

I cross my arms walking over to my connected bathroom I brush through the knots in my hair and throw it up in a messy bun I then grab my toothbrush and start to brush them.

I then walk out of my bathroom slowly opening my bedroom door and creeping down the stairs in the pitch black hallway.

I walk into the kitchen flipping on the light where I'm met with Landon startling me a bit.

I gasp holding my chest.

"Jesus, you scared me." I say continuing to hold my chest where my heart is threatening to leap out of my chest.

"Sorry." He chuckled taking a sip from the water jug in front of him.

"What are you doing up?" I ask walking over to the cabinets grabbing a coffee mug and setting it under our coffee maker the Keurig.

"Just felt like I would go on a morning run." He shrugged.

"Oh." I nodded my head putting the k-cup in the maker.

"But then I changed my mind." He continued.

I laughed looking over at him then back at the coffee maker.

"So what you doing up this early?" He asks adjusting the gray fuzzy blanket wrapped around his bare upper half of his body.

"Me and Elaine are going on the boat the watch the sunrise." I explain as I wait for my coffee to brew.

"Ooohh fun." Landon fake mocks.

I chuckle he just smiles.

"You wanna come?" I offer as I take my mug from the coffee maker and over to the counter by the fridge.

"No, I think ima go back to sleep." He shrugs leaning over the counter.

I open the fridge taking out the coffee creamer poring some in my mug then putting it back in the fridge.

"Well you're more than welcome to join us." I say lifting the mug up to my lips taking a sip.

"Thanks I appreciate it, but I am pretty tired." Landon fake yawns and stretched his arms.