ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙎𝘼𝙃𝘼𝘿
------------------------------------------------------------

"𝙄 know baby, I know." Na'mani softly spoke rocking Syair side to side as he cried his poor lungs out at four in the morning. It was currently only her at the moment as Sahad was a two-hour drive away for three days. Sahad insisted that he would take time off of football for a year to enjoy the time with his son, he had money to do so as he had a franchise of coaching businesses.

Na'mani wouldn't allow him to do such a thing and insisted that he should attend his games to not let down the fans, however, Sahad could care less about their opinion. They agreed on him not playing over four to five hours away and it would remain that way until Syair was much older.

As much as Na'mani loves her son more than anything else excluding God, the past two days had been tiring her out extremely. It was almost as if Syair knew that his daddy wasn't within arms reach and would cry day in and out. He only slept for two hours and Na'mani could barely fit in a five minute shower without Syair needing her attention once again.

Being a first-time mother with an athlete for a partner was draining her. Whilst Syair continued to cry, her eyes welled up with tears. She tried to suck them up but it was no use, half an hour later Syair was finally calm and resting peacefully. Na'mani placed him down and walked slowly back into her room laying on her side and sobbed.

She felt selfish for wanting to pamper herself up and found her image in the mirror very unappealing. For Syair to only be three-weeks old, he acted like a bratty two-year old scaring Na'mani for when he actually does make it into her terrible-two phase. "God help me." She sniffed wiping her tears and getting onto her knees ready to pray and cry at the same time.

She was indulging so much into pleading for help that she didn't know that Sahad was watching her for a good five minutes through the doorway. He had heard her cries from the front door and rushed to see his son before checking on her. Sahad got behind Na'mani and intertwined ther hands together and rested his head on her back in a protective-like way and prayed along with her.

More tears dripped down her face but she continued to pray before she closed it up and receited the Holy Trinity. Sahad got up and helped her up too and pulled her into his comforting embrace, Na'mani sniffed and nuzzled her face deeper into his chest loving the security her makes her feel. "I love you." Sahad muttered before placing a kiss onto her forehed. "I love you too." She choked up once again.

Sahad sighed and picked her up walking into their bathroom and placing her onto their counter. He hugged her until she had no room to cry anymore, Sahad knew the severity of PPD and promised that he will be there every step of the way with her, it hurt knowing that she was hurting from the moment he left and he could do absolutely nothing about it.

That's why he told coach before they parted ways that he'd refrain in playing in a lot of games until their child was old enough. She didn't know that though. "You okay?" He muttered into her ear. "No, I'm really not." Na'mani sniffed wiping away excess tears.

"Go ahead and talk to me, I'm listening." And from that point on Na'mani ranted like her life depended on it, a few stray tears falling here and there but truly she was tired and Sahad felt for her. He knew she needed reassurance and she was doing one hell of a job at being a mother.

"Well for starters, you one bomb ass mother I'll tell you that. I know it's hard and PPD will barely even get any easier. You will need to adapt and know that whatever comes your way, with God you will always overcome and prosper through it. You are not alone, I love and our troublsesome son does too, you are beautiful and keep ya head up baby because I am so proud of you."

"Thank you, I'm proud of you too. Playing ball and still being a great father and not even the bare minimum too. I love you and we will get through this." Na'mani smiled and placed a loving kiss on his lips.