Ch.41 ~ Judge

Y/n's POV

Not long after I had left the two girls asleep and I took a stroll to try to clear my head of the stressful day. Rick and Shane had returned from dropping Randal off. However not only was Randal still in the boot of the car they took but Rick and Shane were both supporting busted lips, noses and bruised cheeks and/or eyes.

"There's been a slight change of plan. In the morning I'll have Daryl talk to the kid then we'll make a decision whether to kill him like Shane said or let him go." Rick announced before walking off.

The group looked around at each other confused then turned to Shane who shrugged then yanked Randal out the car and dragged him back to the barn.

The sun began to set and Daryl was up at our camp cooking up some squirrels while I went to retrieve Skylla from Carl.

"Hey kiddo." I said pushing the kids head down as I slid down next to him by the tree. He was staring at the fire, a tired look in his eyes as Skylla laid her head on his lap and he ran a hand through her fur.

"Hi N/n." The boy thirdly muttered. I smiled at his sleepy state, wrapping my arm around him and pulling him to my side.

"Tired?" I asked the obvious, earning a small chuckle and a nod. The two of us sat in silence for a good five minutes watching the fire. At some point Carl has shuffled to lay his head in my lap while I ran my fingers soothingly through his hair and he cuddled Skylla to keep warm.

His soft snoring reached my ears shortly after. I picked up the boy after tapping Skylla and ushering her to carefully move away. I carried him over to his and his parents tent going inside and laying his sleeping figure on his bed and tucking him in. I smiled to myself one last time before ushering Skylla to follow me out.

As I stepped out the tent Lori smiled at me grateful. "Thanks for letting him play with Skylla today and for earlier with Beth."

"Don't mention it." I said to her with a curt nod as if to say good night then walked off. I arrived just in time for dinner at my camp with Daryl. After dinner Daryl got up and went to bed while I remained sat outside for a little while longer stargazing. Something I used to do regularly back home.

I had laid down with my head on my log and Skylla across my feet with the remains of the fire burning not too far away.

After a while I fell asleep under the stars without noticing Daryl emerging from his tent. He must have carried me to bed cause when I woke up the next morning, I was in mine and Daryl's shared tent with Skylla sprawled out next to me on her back.

I walked out the tent pulling on my sleeveless hooded cloaked cardigan over my short sleeved green military top opting for the new pair of grey jeans Maggie gave me after my old ones got torn from my gunshot wound to my leg.

"Hey." I greeted Daryl upon emerging and adjusting the cardigan on my shoulders. I walked up to the logs sitting down with Skylla at my side. "Did you put me to bed last night?" I asked taking the plate of squirrel meat he offered me.

"Yeah, you know you shouldn't fall asleep out here." He states, aggressively taking a bite out of the meat on his plate.

"Hmm, well thank you." I reply, chucking a piece in my mouth before handing the rest to Skylla. "Imma head down, talk with the others about Randal, you coming?" I asked, looking back at the man as I ran my hands over Skylla's fur while she finished up my food.

"Hmm might as well." Daryl grunted, standing up and grabbing his hunting knife. I left all my weapons but my .50 GS which I tucked away in the waistband of my jeans. The two of us walked in sync down to the others, making small talk about the Randal situation.