Breakthrough

Y/N:

Your first 3 classes went by fast. You were excited to get to the class that sounded most interesting. Creative Music. 

You noticed that Jisung was out of detention just in time for your first class together. Felix and Bangchan were in there as well. 

Your teacher went through with introducing you to the class like they did every period and then showing you to your seat which happened to be right next to Jisung in the back. 

The teacher, Mr. Harvey, got to the leaderboards for the summer project that everyone was required to do (apart from you of course.) They went through with 3rd place, which was really good. 2nd place was even better but 1st place was what shocked me the most. It was the 8 boys that you had just recently befriended.

Before Mr. Harvey played the video, he picked up the phone and proceeded to ask if Lee Know, Hyunjin, Changbin, Seungmin, and Jeongin could report to the music room.

I looked around only to see Felix, Bangchan, and Jisung freaking out quietly at the fact that they got first place for their music video. Jisung leaned over to me and explained that they were a local band called Stray Kids. They aren't too widely known, but the people that won the summer music video contest got to play live in front of a crowd.

As soon as the other 5 boys walked into class, Mr. Harvey proceeded to play the video.

After watching the video, you had goosebumps.

After watching all of them sing, you felt like you knew who they were. Like you could just read them. You were speechless. When you finally looked up from the screen, you saw all 8 of your new friends staring at you. I was almost like they were waiting for your reaction. 

You stood up, and just started clapping. 

The rest of the class followed suit. You walked over to Jisung's desk and just looked at him. He stood up out of habit only to have your arms be thrown around his neck.

Jisung:

It would be rude not to hug her back, right?  Jisung thought as he carefully brought his hands to your waist. He was hesitant at first, but he dove deeper into the embrace the longer you held on. Is this what affection feels like? I mean I get this from the boys all the time, but a complete stranger? This is so unexpected. 

Y/N:

As you pulled away, you could see tears rolling down Jisung's face. He looked at you with an expressionless face and then turned away to wipe his tears. As soon as he was done, he went over to the rest of the boys as they reveled in their glory. You smiled at them, enjoying the happiness all of them shared, but deep down, you wanted to know what was going through Jisung's head at this very moment.

--

You all made it to lunch afterward, and apparently, news spreads fast in public schools. Everyone that didn't hate the boys were congratulating them on their video. While all of the people like Mikey just rolled their eyes and went on about their day.

We all found our table and sat down. Bangchan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin all went through the line to buy food. You had brought your own food while Jisung just didn't eat. 

You had packed a sandwich that was cut in half, some carrots and celery, a few strawberries, and 2 slices of cheesecake. 

As you laid everything, you could see Jisung subtly eyeing your cheesecake. Once he realized that you were looking at him, he turned his phone on and turned his attention to that. 

You walked over to the utensil stand and grabbed 2 paper plates and walked back to the table. you put on each plate: half a sandwich, half of your carrots and celery, half of your strawberries, and a slice of cheesecake.

You slid a plate over to Jisung and waited for him to eat. He looked at you with confusion on his face. "Eat," you commanded sweetly. "But this is your food, I could nev-"

"Just eat, please" you cut him off with a smile. He set his phone down and grabbed a fork. He went straight for the cheesecake and ate it sparingly, subtly smiling to himself. 

You giggled at his enjoyment of the food. "What do your parents not feed you?" You said, jokingly. His smile faded, making you feel guilty. "Oh my god, Jisung, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-"

"No it's okay, you don't know everything about us yet so I won't get mad or anything. It's just a simple misunderstanding." Jisung said, "And please, call me Han. It's what my friends call me." He reassured with a smile.

You smiled back at him and grabbed his hand. "Okay, Han. But seriously, eat. I don't share my lunch with just anybody. So, that makes you somebody important." You said with a smile. He let out a genuine yet sweet laugh. 

"When you smile, you look like a squirrel." You said, giggling. You could swear that you saw a pink tint cross over his face. He smiled at you, small and shy, and continued eating.

The rest of the boys came back to the table, very loudly might I add, and talked to you about all of the latest gossip that will help you when it comes to conversations with the rest of the school. You all talked until the bell rang and you had to get to your next class.

Maybe public school isn't all that bad.