Page 57

Truly the only way to make getting arrested more dramatized is to envision everything that had previously happened and thinking of every event in order as it led to the moment they shut the barred gate in your face, sealing your fate in the jail cell.

"Get comfortable. You can post bail in the morning." I cocked a brow at him as he sneered down at me through the bars, "that won't be necessary, sheriff Galpin."

"Don't say my name like that, little girl," I smiled sweetly up at him, sickeningly sweet as my parents locked their lips behind me, the moaning and the whimpering behind me making it very clear, along with the look of disgust on his face as he smacked the bats with his nightstick, "you two, knock it off."

They did in fact not, knock it off, "not even the long arm of the law could keep us apart." I watched him curl his upper lip in disgust before sneering down at me and turning to walk off from the holding area, "see you soon, sheriff..."

I had to admit, even though Enid's mother would be safe, I couldn't say the same about Tyler's father, if the opportunity ever arrives of course. "At least we'll have one last night together." I turned around to catch my sister's eyes of displeasure, "Yes."

"I've seen jackals with more self-control than you two. Neither one of you are strong enough to serve hard time." Wednesday turned next and we looked at them for a moment, waiting until they pulled apart so Wednesday could dramatically cross her arms and look at me, "you're welcome, consider this your get out of jail, break out father..."

"Oh my little shrike," I smiled, warmly for once at his endearing nickname for me, one that had been unheard of in quite some time. "Sister..." I side eyed her before reaching into a clothing compartment and pulling a wrapped clothed gift from its confines.

"It's a souvenir from our outing."

Our father watched me closely as I stepped forward and unfurled it, "I ripped them from Garrett's body, he died of nightshade, poisoned by himself I believe. No doubt in his anger towards you from stealing away his school boy crush."

"The remarkable preservation of soft tissue and blue tint confirms it. Which means Garrett was dying... Before you stabbed him." Our parents gasped as Wednesday finished the explanation for me, "you look even more ravishing as an innocent woman."

Frowning, I turned to the other teen in the room and gave her a look which she returned, "for once, could you two get off of each other and focus." They both stood still after yanking away from each other, surprised that we spoke at the same time with the same words, "Wednesday." I turned to see her with her head tossed back, staring at the ceiling before she slowly looked back at our mother, "Did you have a vision? What happened? What did you see?"

"The night Garrett died, he had a vial of nightshade poison that broke in his pocket. He wasn't just trying to kill father. He was going to use the nightshade poison to murder the entire school."

"An innocent woman indeed," I sighed watching alongside Wednesday as they re-attached themselves to each other...

"I'm starting to think we should muzzle the two of you until you leave for home," I received only a heart cooling smile from my mother and a deep chuckle from my father before he paused with an idea and looked at her.

"Great idea darling... Maybe we should try that, what do you think Tish, could it be fun?"

I froze and frowned dramatically, turning just as did Wednesday, both of us furthering ourselves from the two adults as I all but shrieked like an angered pterodactyl, "Sheriff!"