Half Or Pure?~Edited August 27, 2023

When Draco proposed a deal to Jade, her response was a nervous but excited smile as she said "Deal."

"So where's Hermione?" he asked, his tone laced with disdain. 

Jade, standing beside him, pondered for a moment before responding. "Last I checked, she was still in the Gryffindor area," she replied, her voice filled with uncertainty. "But we can't underestimate her. Hermione is a quick thinker, so we need to find Snape," she continued as if thinking out loud. 

Draco's eyes narrowed, a determined look crossing his face. "No," he said firmly. "We can't just find Snape. We need to follow Hermione and find out what she's planning. We have to stop her." With that, the two of them exchanged a silent nod and silently made their way toward the Gryffindor area, their minds focused on the task at hand.

"I can't believe Granger's finally wrong about something." Draco chuckled more at himself than anything else. He found it amusing that Hermione, who was known for her intelligence and accuracy, had made a mistake. It was a rare occurrence indeed. But now, he was curious to know who she had been mistaken about. So he asked, "So who is it actually?"

Jade, who was standing nearby, responded, "Professor Quirrell."

Draco was taken aback by the answer. He had not expected Quirrell to be the one Hermione had been wrong about. "Really?" he asked, surprised. "What's he got on Potter?"

Jade's shoulders lifted in a nonchalant shrug, her expression indicating uncertainty. "I dunno," she replied. "But I saw the murderous look in his eyes." 

As the two Slytherins finally found Hermione, they immediately realized they had to give chase. Without hesitation, they sprinted after her as she bolted towards the Slytherin area, her determination evident in every step. To their surprise, Hermione swiftly passed through another entry that neither of them had any knowledge of. Both Jade and Draco exchanged bewildered glances, momentarily thrown off track by the unexpected turn of events. Regaining their composure, they pressed on, determined to catch up to her. 

However, their path was hindered by countless people who had unwittingly obstructed their way. Skillfully dodging through the crowd, they maneuvered with agility, their determination unwavering. Time seemed to stretch as they weaved through the maze of bodies, their eyes never leaving Hermione's figure in the distance. After what felt like an eternity, they finally managed to close the gap and catch up to her. To their astonishment, Hermione had already drawn her wand, her hand steady and poised. 

The tip of her wand was aimed directly at Snape's cape, which lay innocently under the benches he had been sitting on. Draco's face twisted with irritation as he found himself on a collision course with a nameless Slytherin student.

"Granger, don't do it!" Draco hissed, barely avoiding the collision. 

His voice dripped with urgency and concern. He was determined to prevent Hermione from unintentionally making a terrible mistake.

Hermione's voice was filled with anger as she retorted, "Why the hell should I?" Her eyes glinted with defiance, showing that she was not one to be easily swayed. 

She firmly believed that Snape was out to harm Harry. Jade, on the other hand, remained calm despite the tension in the area around her. 

She responded in a measured tone, "No. He's not." She understood that Hermione's emotions were clouding her judgment.

Hermione was taken aback by Jade's calmness and interrupted her, "What? I saw him, he-"

Jade cut her off, her voice hissing with frustration."You only saw him, you never thought to look at anyone around him." She was trying to make Hermione understand that there might be more to the situation than what met the eye.