Chapter Seventeen: Motive

"Make sure to stay away of anything wet, you don't wanna touch this stuff." Turning I make my way towards the door, Leon's hand finding a spot on my lower back. Curiously, I turn around, his hand still grazing as my torso moves. "Something wrong?"

"Just....checking your temperature." He nervously stands, his hand staying still.

"So.....how am I?" My eyes look to the side, then back at him.

"Warm, good warm." The front of my body faces his, Leon is frozen, not knowing if I should move, I decide to stay. Furrowing my brows, he looks at my lips, then at my eyes again.

"Leon, are you okay?" Tilting my head, I step closer. Was he making this a moment because we're finally closer to the end, or was he afraid of what'll happen next.

"I'm just.....waiting til' the solution dries a bit." His voice lowers into a whisper as his hand reaches my cheek, pulling me toward his face. 

Closing my eyes, our lips lock once more, this time even deeper. Trying to hold back, my hands touch his chest. His fingers run deep into my hair, a light exhale escaping his lips as he goes in for another. We separate, the fuzzy feeling lingering as the kiss was intimate, sensual than before. 

"Wish I had Chapstick." I smile, his thumb grazes my lips.

"What's your favorite drink to get at a bar?" Leon asks, I lightly laugh, moving away from his touch.

"Not telling." Opening the door, my hand slides by as Leon exits with me. Our feet in motion as we go downstairs.

'Warning: You have dispersed a dangerous solution without authorization. Your actions have been logged and you may be subject to disciplinary measures.'

"That doesn't sound good." Leon says, as we hurry.

"You think?" I ask with a sarcastic tone, moving along we find the hazmat suit.

Swiping up the chip, Leon passes me the bracelet. Switching the chips, a loud bang occurs, shaking the floor below us. As I toss the bracelet back to Leon, that huge tall man from before appears. The one that almost strangled me to death, the one that got smashed by a car. Oh my god....

Grabbing Leon's arm, I sprint past before he can get to us. He tries swinging, but my reaction time gets the best of me and dodges his arm. Running back up the stairs, his pace picks up, now he's running at us. Leon pushes the door open with his body, we both rush through exiting the lab we originally we're in. 

Releasing Leon's grasp we both pull out our pistols, shooting the two monsters in front of us. We knock one down, giving us an access way to sneak through without killing the damn things. Shoving away the vines in our view, Leon continues to shoot at those things from behind, not letting anything catch up to us. Back at the main entrance, the broken window more exposed to the new shared light. Leon sprints past before, I remember the locked screen.

"Whoa whoa wait." I shout, Leon runs over as we both hover the screen. 

"On it." He states, swiping his wrist over the purple screen.

My eyes skimming through it's a inbox full of emails about the NEST. It was Annette's husband, William Birkin. Spies invading the NEST and them being found, taken into custody. Underground facility, it's only up to the mind to discover what really went in when captured. They increased security to make sure nothing that get's in, can escape out. Something bigger than what we're told is happening.

"Well what is it?" Leon asks, turning towards it, I scroll through.

"They increased security because spies were making their way in, it's more shady then secretive." Seeing another email, it was a notification about the herbicide dispenser. " have a feeling Ada isn't telling us the full story." The ground shakes, as a slam behind us follows.