Chapter Twenty: Friends and Foe's

[Y/N Point of View]

Grabbing onto my shoulder, I fight through the pain. I can feel my body shut down, this is too much for me to handle. If the process of me fainting develops, I'll lose my vision, my hearing. Fuck. I can't overextend, if I do my blood pressure could lower--one step at a time Y/N, we'll see Leon again.

Using all the strength I have left, my foot flies kicking the heavy door in front of me. Limping forward, standing at the control panel was her.

"You." I state, seeing her condition worse than mine. 

"Y-you're alive!?" She shouts, her shocked expression too obvious to hide.

"You left me for dead!" I scream, unable to control my anger. 

The woman who picked me up from the airport, who pushed me into the back of her car. The bitch who unlocked the car door so I could get eaten alive, while she could escape. Furrowing my brows, the rage inside me, turns petty.

"I did what I had to." Her teeth grit, the platform isn't approaching us, she doesn't know how to turn it on. "You put me in this! You're bitten...." My eyes look down at the bite, more visible than before.

"The infection adapted to my blood, I am not infected." Sternly I state, her hand reaches to her back pocket.

"Bullshit, you would say anything to escape--you're one of them." Exhaling with a cough, I shake my head. "Your neck is purple--looks like you're turning to me." Her knife is exposed, the blade pointing at me.

"I was choked!?" Shouting she slowly steps forward. "You're fucking insane!" Screaming she sprints toward me.

"Right--by one of those zombies? Liar." She charges at me, my hands caught her blade as we both fall down. 

Our arms drags as we shuffle left to right, unable to stay in one position. My leg catches her stomach, kicking her body off of me. Attempting to crawl away, her hand pulls, my hair back, I shout. Stopping the blade from plunging into my heart, it cuts the palm of my hand, the blood moving down to the handle.

Clenching my jaw, I am able to push the blade off of me. Rolling away from her body, getting up, I pull out my pistol aiming it at her. Her hands flying up to her head, without a second thought I pull the trigger. A metal clink sounding off.

I'm out of ammo.

She shouts aiming the blade at me, our bodies slamming against the wall. I stop the blade, the knife getting closer to my chest. Hearing another door open, I spot the woman Leon was talking to. With a little girl--wait, Sherry!? 

"What the hell is going on here!?" Claire aims her gun at this fight. The distraction allows me to slide my hand, getting out Marvin's knife. 

"Shoot her---" For Marvin, I plunge the blade into her stomach. She stands stunned, her mouth a gape, slight noises of pain shooting out of her mouth. Unable to finish her command, her body falls beneath me. 

"Left me back there....." I mutter, Claire's gun aiming at me. Unwilling to stretch my injured shoulder, I turn to look at Sherry. "For dead..."

"Ms. L/N....?" Sherry says, Claire looking down at her. "Ms. L/N!" Her face full of happiness she runs towards me, I kneel hugging the familiar friend.

"You know this woman Sherry?" Claire asks, her weapon lowered.

"She was my visitor! Did a special project with me in science class!" Separating from Sherry, I look over to Claire.

"I was with Leon--if you trust me enough....I'll explain everything on the train." Calmly, she nods, walking over to call the platform.

"One chance." She says, Sherry holds my hand, guiding me to the platform.