Chapter Nineteen: Ten Minutes

"Don't--Don't let go!" She yelps, her arm grabbing mine. 

"I got you! I got you!" Following her movements, successfully I pull her up. She winces as her body falls on top of mine the bridge collapsing. "You're okay, you're okay." Rubbing her back, she hugs me tight, sitting up, she lets go. Her eyes focusing on the potential death she encountered.

"I didn't want to die, Leon." She mumbles, her hand applying pressure to her wound.

"Wasn't letting anything happen to you." Carefully guiding her up on her feet, we go over to the elevator. Seeing the entire place go up into flames as we descend from the scene.

"W-Where did...Ada go?" She asks, her body against the wall. Looking at the ceiling to control her pain.

"She ran off." Offering a cloth I have left over, I press it into the wound. Biting her lip trying to conceal her yelps of pain. Her hand flies to mine, squeezing it as the flames shine into the elevator, creating an anxious image of what we're stuck in. 

"Leon." Her eyes watching mine. "I don't think a 'Thank you' could be enough for saving my life." For the first time, I felt her vulnerable, this entire journey she's been accepting death with her fate. Now, her mind has changed, she didn't want to die, she wanted to live.

"Don't say that." I snap, Y/N obviously confused. "You saved me from being shot, remember?" She scoffs, following with a laugh.

"Ada wouldn't have shot you, Leon." Her eyes stare as we continue to descend. "She was manipulating you, when we first kissed...." She clears her throat. "I saw her side-eye the entire thing, a scowl across her face."

"Maybe she was embarrassed? I mean I didn't exactly expected us to kiss either--" Stuttering along, the bottom is finally in our view.

"She had a plan, Ada was just doing her job." She grunts, our hands switching positions. The ride finally coming to an end, two tall glass doors stand before us. Entering a room covered with projectors, televisions, buttons surrounding the technology.

My hand slides towards her lower back, guiding her to the nearest chair possible. Y/N winces as she takes a seat. Keeping pressure on here bullet wound. Static fills our ears, as one of the televisions show a figure standing. Running over, my neck basically cracks trying to get a glimpse of who it could be. 

"Who's that?" Y/N turns the chair over to me. The visual becomes clear, showing two females standing at the camera. "Claire!?" I shout, Y/N attention onto the screen.

"Leon? You're down here too!?" Claire leans forward, shouting into the microphone.

"Yeah. But this whole place is coming down." Stepping away, the room shakes, the urgency increasing my stress level. "Listen to me. You need to get out. Fast!"

"Yeah. There's a way out." Claire looks off screen. "We can make it! Where are you now?" The static returns, cutting her off.

"Claire are you still there?" Panicked, I inch forward.

"Leon? Hey Leon, you're breaking up.." Her voice lowers, the static fully covering the screen. The connection permanently off.

"Dammit!" Shouting, Y/N stands up, her mouth opens, as the robotic voice returns to us again.

'Nine minutes until detonation.'

Without any words exchanged we follow the door with a red exit sign on top. The platform is used to get to the train, but no stop for us to get on. Our option is to call it up again and catch that damn train. Ignoring the dilemma we march straight into the next room. Y/N groans, stumbling into my chest weakly, grabbing onto her arm, I prepare to guide her.

"Almost there." I whisper into her ear, her eyes struggling to stay open. 

Sprinting through, those plant things drop from above, blocking the way open. Using one arm, I aim, shooting the yellow bumps on their body. Y/N groans, the pain is finally going to her head like it did for me. She's hanging on longer than I ever could. Losing patience, I push over the other infected, afraid of how much time was wasted even fighting those things. Peaking down, a long ladder awaits us. I remove Y/N from my side, standing her up straight.

"Stay still, I'll go down first." My hands firm on her shoulder, she looks at me.

"Okay..." She whispers.

Holding the ladder tight, I place my foot down one by one, not missing a step or skipping one. The ladder being farther than usual, worries me since I left one of those things alive with her. Planting myself down, I look up, as she lingers on top of the ladder.

"Jump down!" I shout, noticing her head turn backwards, the thing is getting near.

"I-I..." Y/N scared expression seeps through. My arms holding out for her, to catch her. "I trust you." She yells down, sitting down at the top, inching herself. "This is worse than a trust fall." She chirps before throwing herself down to me, I grunt successfully holding her in my arms. 

"You crack jokes at times like these?" I chuckle, turning us around towards the door.

"Still made you laugh." She states weakly, as I gently place her down.

Leaning onto me, we find a platform elevator, jumping onto it we avoid that same monster from before. Swiping my wrist with the bracelet, we move quickly down, it seemed like there was no way up unless we can find transportation. Landing down, the door to the entrance of the platform is close to touch. A few feet away, rumbling occurs, we stop hearing it come closer and closer towards us. Alarmed Y/N separated from me, our head glued to the ceiling. 

The huge man from the parking garage slams down the floor, Y/N lands where the door is while I'm thrown away from it. Y/N falls onto her back, as I kneel from the sudden impact. The man turns towards Y/N, she scoots away unable to do anything. The bridge connecting us starts to fall, bending with the unknown flames down below. Surprisingly the man turns back to me, changing his target again.

"Leon!" Y/N shouts, as I slowly fall back into the room below. "Run!"

Quick on my feet I jump down with the bridge, avoiding the fire ready to damn me to hell. The man falls with me, but landing into the fate I've avoided. 

"Meet me at the train no matter what!" I shout.

'Eight Minutes until detonation'

"Got it! If I can't make it, go ahead okay!" She yells, her shadow moving along.

"No! I won't leave you here!" Her head peeks over, her expression neutral.

"You would do the same for me." Her voice calm, I couldn't argue back with her. I was tongue tied, it was true, if I couldn't make it...I would want her to survive. The door shuts softly, our paths are different.

The shuffle noise in the flames worry me, as I keep on going through the flames. Got to keep going. I have to meet Y/N at the train, we're both going to survive. This damn indestructible alien keeps appearing, it feels like a fucking joke at this point. I cannot let this stop me, not now. Shifting myself, another metal pole falls, the flames feeling like my personal boiling point. 

This place is an earthquake, non-stop shaking, this place is collapsing top to bottom. Turning back, I notice the rumbling is coming from the room I fell into. This damn thing just cannot quit it, can he? Hopefully this place come down along with him.