Part 16 New product - just one bite

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

*****

Though dissatisfied with Karan's attitude, Aditya Shergill - Karan's father remained silent and gestured Puja towards the dining room.

The table was filled with dishes that Karan's parents believed were his favourite. Suhana picked up a dish and placed it into Karan's bowl. "This is your favourite dish. Try it "

Karan nodded silently. Aditya glanced over at him. "Your uncle Raj gifted two orchestra tickets to us but main aur tumhari maa.. hum dono busy hain aur isse attend karne ka tine nahi hain.. toh kyon na... you take Puja and go together this afternoon?"

Puja paused with a bowl in her hand. She subconsciously looked over at Karan, who swallowed his food before replying, "I've got an appointment this afternoon. "

Karan's father furrowed his brows. "Who did you make an appointment with? Can't you cancel it? It's so rare for Puja to visit. "

"This afternoon I need to taste test a new pastry product. Agar main nahi gya toh chef k efforts waste ho jayenge.. "

Before Karan's father could say anymore, Puja intervened. "Uncle Aditya, aaj mujhe bhi uss waqt kuch kaam hain... So I wouldn't be able to go to the orchestra anyway. "

With her words, Aditya could only keep his mouth shut. He spent the rest of the meal in silence, while Suhana tried her best to ease the atmosphere by placing food into everyone's plates.

Puja stood up and bid her farewells after lunch. Karan's parents didn't keep her any longer but the moment she left, their expressions did not seem well.

Karan, lacking social cues as usual, stood up to bid his own farewell. "Mom, dad, I'm returning to the company first. "

Aditya finally couldn't hold it in any longer. "All you ever think about is going back to work. You're already of age, it's about time ki tum apni personal relationship k baare me socho... Do you want to be single for the rest of your life?"

Karan turned around, looking at him apathetically as he said, "It's not as if aap meri situation nahi jante Hain. Kya aapko sach me  lagta hain Puja could handle it?"

His parents quietened at that comment. After a moment, Karan's mother opened her mouth and said, "Puja has a kind personality and a strong character. I believe ki tum jaise ho woh tumhe accept karegi.. and she might even be able to help handle some of your work responsibilities. "

"I will consider this myself, there's no need for you to worry. "

Karan was about to leave when his mother scowled and hysterically shouted, "agr main tumhare baare me na sochu toh kiske baare me? You're my only son!"

Karan paused for a moment, but still stepped out of the main gate.

Bala was waiting for him outside and had noticed Puja leaving just moments before. Karan stepped into the car and told the chauffeur, "back to the office. "

The car slowly started. Bala looked at Karan in the reflection of the rearview mirror, Originally, he intended to ask about Puja's situation, but stayed quiet once he saw Karan's dark expression.

Though, since when did KS have expressions?

His thoughts drifted to Monami, and the corner of his lips lifted subtly.