Chapter 7

Willowpaw and Slashfur dragged the body into camp. Petalfire trotted alongside them. They heaved the unmoving Eveningsea into camp and dropped her down, out of breath. Willowpaw's clanmates stared at the body in horror. Mosspoppy ran up.

"No!" she choked out.

The clan had started to gather around, and eventually Sunnyfeather had to push his way through the crowd and started checking on the body to see if there was any possibility that she was still alive. He shook his head sadly.

"She is with StarClan now."

The clan dipped their heads with grief and sadness. Willowpaw felt her heart break. Eveningsea had been an amazing queen and a role model to all the MountainClan kits. She had been an amazing cat altogether.

The circle around the cats parted as Silverpaw trudged out of the apprentice den. She immediately noticed her mothers body. Silverpaw was frozen in shock. She slowly stalked towards her mother. When she got there, she just stared down at the lifeless body.

Slowly she whispered something.

"What?" Said a dumb cat out in the crowd.
"I said," Silverpaw gritted her teeth and her claws slid out. She stared at Ravenlight, who had said the 'what'. "I said, you will pay." She stalked past the body and the crowd parted again to reveal Ravenlight.

"W-what?" Ravenlight said, again.
"You all killed her. You could have protected her," Silverpaw slowly walked up to Ravenlight. She was almost as big as the tom. "But," She glared at him straight in the eye. "You failed." With that she took her paw and sliced Ravenlights eye.

The clan immediately started yowling and running away from Silverpaw, as Ravenlight collapsed, his paws covering his eyes, and a pool of blood forming on the ground. Some of the warriors tried to fight Silverpaw, but Redstar motioned them away.

Silverpaw turned and ran back to the apprentice den. Sunnyfeather was trying to get Ravenlight to show him his eye, and Greenleaf was bringing a mouthful of herbs out. Willowpaw watched Duskshadow and Rubyclaw go into the apprentice den after Silverpaw, but Willowpaw heard hissing and then Duskshadow ran out with Rubypaw, who was hissing at the den.

The kits were being pulled back into the nursery by Midnightstorm and Blackfang. The whole family hadn't given up on finding Mudkit, but were still shocked after the event. Dreamkit had been blaming herself all morning, Carrotkit had been trying to comfort her, and Sandkit had been doing the opposite.

Willowpaw watched as Redstar tried to hold her clan down, not wanting to let anyone get hurt for no reason.

Willowpaw wondered why the cats were disappearing. She wanted to know why her friend felt betrayed, and how she could help.

She laid down on the ground trying to ignore the commotion in the camp. A fluffy tail brisked hers. She glanced up to see Wolftail, looking down at her with a sad smile.

"We're going to be okay. Our clan will be better soon." He laid down next to her, and looked out at the camp. "We'll be okay."