Chapter 11

The walk home in the rain hurt. Standing next to her father, a murderer, she suddenly saw him in a different light. She wanted to hope that he could change. That he could stay with her. That Redstar and all the missing cats would come home.

"Bloodnight-"
"Bloodstar."

"What? But Honeytuft said you wouldn't get them!"
"I can still pretend." Bloodnight shifted Greenleaf off his back, then turned back to her.

"Besides. I'm stronger if the clan thinks I have them."

"Bloodnight, who was Bumblestone?" She wanted to know if she could help bring Bumblestone back.

"Bloodstar!" Bloodstar leaped at her, claws unsheathed, and dragged them down her shoulder.

She yelped in pain and sprang back, clutching her shoulder with her paw.

Bloodstar pulled Greenleaf back up onto his back and then turned in the direction of camp.

"I don't want to see you in camp until tomorrow at sunhigh. You must be back by then though."
"Yes, Bloodstar." She gritted her teeth to keep herself from saying no.

"And don't mention this. Any of it." Bloodnight turned back to the entrance.

She watched as he walked away, and she walked in the other direction, hoping that there was a chance she could find Redstar, Mudkit, and Swallowtail.

She walked until the morning had broken over the horizon. She had traveled out of MountainClan territory, around ForestClan territory, and eventually reached the Clear Caves, right out of the back 0f ForestClan territory.

Willowmoon looked up at the morning sun. She had been looking for a while now, but had only seen rogues in one place or another. They had all run in the same direction when she'd scare them away.

She eventually went deeper into the caves. She knew that she would need to keep moving. She also knew to be wary of where she was. This was the territory where the Night Bloods lived. They had been trying to take ForestClan land, as Crowstar had mentioned before at the gathering. He had asked for help, and all of the ForestClan warriors that had come, were bruised, and aggressive. They had stayed in one clump, and no elders had come.

A clang echoed in the distance, snapping Willowmoon out of her thoughts. A voice echoed too. She hid behind a pile of rubble, just peeking over to see two cats arguing.

One was a sleek black she-cat with bright orange eyes. The other was a fluffy, black and white spotted tom.

The she-cat spoke first. "-ing and then Cold blood hit her."

"Cold Blood? He's guarding the prisoners?" Said the spotted tom.

"Obviously. Claw Blood, keep up."
"Come on, Song Blood. I just don't think Cold Blood can keep the prisoners from escaping. Scar Blood trusts him too much." Claw Blood replied.

"You know Sky Blood, right?" Song Blood said, turning to face deeper into the cave.

"Everyone does. I don't think she should be here."

"Scar Blood is a bad leader. I want to attack the clans already."

"Stupid Half Blood gets to spy in SeaClan." Claw Blood said, growling.

Willowmoon thought about the newest medicine cat of SeaClan, Halfpaw. He couldn't be spying!

"Well, Scar Blood will be here soon. We want to impress him. He's still looking for the Snow cat." Song Blood said after a moment. "Let's go."
Both cats turned and went deeper into the caves.

Willowmoon crept silently around them, following closely behind. There were prisoners here. Redstar and Swallowtail!

Light flashed into her eyes. She squinted and looked up. The sun was hitting her eyes. It was almost Sunhigh!

She would have to leave this for another time.

She reached the camp, out of breath, scratches and bruises all around her pelt from diving through spiky bushes.

She had come up with an excuse to tell the Clan. She had been attacked by a rogue, and had then slept in a tree all night.

She went through the entrance to find the clan gathered around the high rock. Bloodstar was standing on top of it. She couldn't hear what he was saying. Suddenly the Clan parted looking sad, and a little scared.

Silverpaw was in the middle of the clearing.

"Silverpaw!" Willowmoon shouted and ran up to her friend, hoping, pleading to StarClan that her friend was on her side again.

Instead Silverpaw flinched back and looked at her with a disgusted face. "It's Silverscreech now. I'm a warrior, and deputy."

"No you're not!" Willowmoon was confused.

"Yes I am."

"But you haven't had an apprentice yet! Great StarClan, you've just become a warrior!"

"So?" Silverscreech looked at her with hatred. "Go to the medicine den. You've got scratches all over your pelt."

Willowmoon trudged off to the medicine den.

"Willowmoon?" Sunnyfeather called. "Are you okay?"
"Just some scratches." She laid down in a nest.

Sunnyfeather went over to the herb stores. "How did you get them?"
"Some rogues chased me up a tree. I fell asleep in it."

"In our territory?"

"No..." She was feeling really tired after being up all night. "Just across the border."She drifted off to sleep.