Entertainment

(Set after at seas and before project X)

July 23rd

At night

Game maker's layer

Game Maker's POV/thoughts:

Ugh. I hate these times in the middle of my games, my job is very fun at the times when I can watch my players compete against each other for the most important things or people to them. And it is even better when the loser watches all their money or friends get taken away, never to be given back.

 I'll give you a little backstory, I was born with an extremely rich mother and father, I never had to do any work because I would never have to do well at school or get a job, I was always bored about everything around me. The only thing I enjoyed in life was watching very exciting game shows with extremely high stakes, like lots of money. Eventually, though, I had watched them so much that they weren't even fun anymore. That was when I had the thought that maybe making game shows would be even more fun than watching them. So I then asked my mother for a billion dollars, and she immediately gave them to me, I used the sum to buy a huge chunk of an island far out at sea and hired construction crews to start building rooms, buildings, high-tech computers, and cameras, lots and lots of cameras. 

Anyways, after all of that was done, I proceeded to find two competitors by searching for interesting people online. I made a simple rule that there was only one game a year, and each time, I would take away all of one person's money and another person's friends and family. Then, I would make a challenge that was reasonably even with both of their skills, and I would have the hostages watch as the two competitors got a month to train for whatever it was in my advanced training facility, and then there would be the competition, and whoever won got to go back home with what I had stolen, while the other returned with nothing, forced to never tell anyone about my operation at the penalty of death. For the first year, the competition was bowling, and the person whose money I had taken won, and the loser's friends were killed in front of her eyes, and they went back home. That year was a huge success, and I kept doing it year after year, now I had done it for 60 years, and this was my last year of doing this.

I wanted to end the games with a splash, a big ending with romance, longing, an underdog, someone evil? I don't know! Something like that. I got on my special computer and began surfing the web, looking for interesting people for the games, all of a sudden, a pop-up appeared on the side of my screen, it said: team of children saves cruise from explosion, Benjamin Ripley and Erica Hale are in the very middle of it! I clicked on it, thinking it sounded interesting, and there was a picture of a beautiful girl with black hair and pale skin with a black jumpsuit next to a nerdy, slightly shorter and stick-thin boy with a yellow t-shirt, he had light brown hair and had an aura of innocence, but while the girl looked hardened and cold, the boy looked warm and inviting. I had never done the games with children before, maybe it would be a twist, so one the list of competitors, I put "Benjamin Ripley" on the "friends taken" level. I would have to research on his closest friends and family, which was quite easy with my specially tailored software. It would only be fair to make the other person young, too, so after some research, I found out Ben had bad blood with a person named Joshua Hallal, who was young and rich, too. Perfect. I put "Joshua Hallal" under the "money stolen" part of the list, I smiled, we had our competitors. Now to take their money and friends.

I know it was a little boring for a first chapter, but it will be more fast-paced from here, and not too shabby for a first chapter, I hope?