Thirty

! +18 !

Another awful headache. Had to be the fifth one that week.

Chishiya sighed and tightened his ponytail as he entered his own office. It must had been a month since the explosion wiped out Shibuya's station and he could finally go back to work after a long recovery. It felt weird, plus the concussion seemed to affect his life for way too long but he could definitely manage. Headaches weren't as bad as his father constantly making him feel bad for missing work days. Not like I've had any other options, chained to bed for a while.

He looked through his patients' documents, most of which he didn't have a chance visiting yet. The day was a bit busy and he had a lot to catch up with, that being his first and only break for the day. He'd already prepared some rice and vegetables on his desk, just had to look at some papers before finally eating.

"Sup, doc?" Niragi walked in without knocking as usual. Chishiya didn't bother looking at him just yet, too focused on the documents he was reading.

"Aren't you supposed to work right now?"

"Another day off, assigned by myself." Niragi sat down on Chishiya's chair at the desk.

Ever since he met Niragi the man decided to stick to him for god knows how long. They woke up in the same hospital room and shared it for about a week after the explosion; they had a lot of more or less meaningful conversations throughout the boring days. Chishiya definitely saw Niragi as too chaotic and rampant, a complete opposite, yet they kind of stayed in touch. And Niragi kind of didn't want to leave him alone everytime Chishiya had to work.

"I think that was mine." Chishiya finally put the documents away, seeing Niragi dig into his lunch. The man smiled with his mouth full. Gross.

"Don't worry, doc, I'll get you something later. You go back to work now."

"My break literally just started."

"Oh. My bad." Niragi grinned but Chishiya walked up to him and lifted the plate before the man ate everything.

"Go visit your boyfriend maybe? He's not going to leave the hospital for another week."

"Tatta is not my boyfriend." Niragi rolled his eyes and got up. "I went there earlier and kid was asleep so I got bored."

"Very sad. Now go." Chishiya waited until Niragi disappeared to finally eat whatever was left from his meal. Normally he would've stayed hungry for a bit but his stomach got used to eating small portions since recovering after the incident. I don't have that much time to eat throughout the day anyway.

He left the room when his break was over, immediately heading to nurse's office. He wasn't necessarily familiar with what had to be done so his coworkers' help was highly appreciated. Chishiya waited for a bit before one of the nurses, Reiko, handed him a new set of documents.

"This one has just arrived." She pointed at the first paper sheet. "Prisoner, Sunato Banda. He's been in a coma since the explosion. Death sentence, was about to be executed on the day of the incident. They've kept him in the prison hospital but it's been too long so they moved him here."

"What's the condition he's in now?"

"Stable, in fact we've got informed they're not sure why he's even still in a coma. He didn't get severely injured during or after the incident."

"Alright" Chishiya murmured in response and walked away, leaving the woman behind. Doing charity work for another hospital. What if he wakes up soon? I don't want criminals to disrupt my patient's peace just because they're got impatient. Banda's room was on the same floor as his office so he could head over there right away.