𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤

Alan Wayne's file reports were scattered all on the table as we tried to figure out what happened to him. "Alan drowned?" I asked while I pointed at a newspaper that said that "theres a possibility he did but we don't know." Turner replied to me.

Cullen came over with a huge cake "liberated this from the teachers lounge " Cullen carefully placed the cake on the table "Mine." I grabbed the plastic fork and the paper plate and cut a piece for me "congratulations Cathy." Turner read the cake icing. "Hey I'm sorry. I couldn't find one that said, 'good luck trying to solve Bruce Wayne's murder by investigating the alleged killing of his great great grandfather. " Cullen said sarcastically which made Turner sigh. I laughed at Cullen. 

"Slice anyone?" Cullen asked us "its really good." I said as I took a bite out of the delicious cake.  Cullen walked over to his sister and grabbed a knife "wait we had a knife? I had to cut my cake with a fork. No fair." I complained "do you realize that Talon almost killed you with that thing, right?" Harper asked Cullen "yeah now I'm repurposing it for good, so.." 

Harper went back to reading the papers. "Cullen isn't it good?" He nodded "very."  "I've been through this 100 year old police report a thousand times and there's nothing in here that even remotely suggests Alan Wayne could've been murdered. All it does is conformed what the newspaper already reported." 

All a sudden Duela came in with a scooter "Beep Beep! Coming through!" I laughed but I was confused where she found a scooter from.

"Didn't Duela say the Court Of Owls are very secretive?   If the court did kill Alan no one would've knew anyways." I told Turner, in response he hummed.  "Did you find anything interesting?" "Maybe. Maybe it's nothing." Harper showed us the picture she had in her hands, the picture showed a body with bloody cuts on it "those look painful." I admitted "it does." Harper agreed with me. 

"They mentioned those cuts in the report, but they said that it had nothing to do with the cause of death." Turner informed the curly head woman "bullshit." I took another bite out of the vanilla cake.  "Yeah I'm not a medical examiner, but I'm pretty sure falling down a sewer doesn't cause marks like that." Cullen said while walking around the table.

"I mean alligators.." I suggested "alligators aren't in sewers, Michelle." Turner informed me "well school taught me there were. So, yeah. " I replied to the blonde hair man. "These marks don't prove anything. And if Alan Wayne's murder was an accident it means he wasn't killed by the Court of Owls. Which means this can't help us solve my dads murder or clear our names." 

I put my plate down "the Court of owls probably killed him with a knife like the one Cullen had,  but well never know." I said "she could be right." Harper responded "yeah. But wouldn't the court of owls hid his body?" Turner asked "not sure."

Turner sighed and ran his hand through his soft hair "you seem tired." "I am tired." He said "then go to bed. Well figure it out!" I gave him a thumbs up "no. This is my problem. And my family." He responded to me, its not exactly his problem or ours to be exact but it is  his family and the only way to clear our names is proof... which we don't have. 

I placed my hand on his shoulder for comfort, he looked at me with a small smile on his face. Cute. "I just want my life back" he said sadly "well I don't. Honestly this is a better life style then at home." I admitted.  My house was definitely not a good place to live at, not with parents who don't care about you or your dead sibling.

Everyone was quiet until Duela spoke "found something. Hold on to your asses guys cause this id gonna change the game." Duela came over with a book in her hands, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Ladies and gentlemen... Bat brat was a member of the never get laid brigade!."