𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 : 𝐃𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐧 𝐚 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐞

"I brought donuts" Stephanie shouted. I instantly got up "did somebody say donuts?" I asked "yup. Thats correct." I rubbed my eyes and went over to the box of donuts, there were a lot of flavors such as strawberry,  chocolate,  glazed. I grabbed the strawberry one. "Tell me you found a explanation for how a century old, supposedly dead, serial killer left fresh finger prints on Eunice Monroes music box." Turner said while he got up from the hammock he was sleeping on. 

"Hes a vampire?" Duela suggested "vampires aren't real." Harper immediately shut Duela suggestion down "I mean if there's a dude who can turn into clay then there has to be vampires." I took a bite out of my strawberry donut. "Clay face is in jail." Cullen informed me "I am aware."

"That finger print has to me a fluke. Its literally impossible for Felix Harmon  to be the talon." Harper said while she grabbed a plain donut from the box "ok but even if he is, we dropped the whole  Batcave on his ass. Is it too much to hope that we don't need to worry about him anymore?"  I sigh "he's immortal.  That means you don't die, ever." I told the black haired man

"If he really is 130 year old and still in fighting shape, who knows what he can survive. " Turner said while he put on his jacket, he sat on the stairs without a donut. "Yeah. The bad boys from beyond the grave? Not my wheelhouse... But I dig up a lead we can follow." Stephanie slammed the paper she had in her hands down on the table "Cressidas Finances." 

"So not a grave but probably just as dirty."  From Turners voice, he seemed out of it and well... donuts can help that.  I grabbed a regular donut since I don't know what flavor he likes and walked over to him. "Hi there" he looked up at me "hey" I handed him a donut "not in the mood for food." He declined my offer "oh come on. Donuts make everything better. Trust me." I shook the donut in my hand "fine." He grabbed the donut and took a bite out of it "wow this is actually pretty good." He admitted with a smile "told you."

"Cressidas name kept showing up in that nursing home sign-in sheet, paying a visit to the Talons daughter,  I thought what if she's also paying for dear old Eunice to stay there?" Stephanie told us her theory "good. She should stay there with her sharp ass teeth." I replied, I still can feel the pain from old grannies teeth.

"Thats not good. She works for the court of owls, how is that good?" Cullen asked me "well.. thats not good, my friend. But she should stay where she belongs." I smiled at him. "Cressida is smart. She knows what she's doing." "Yeah. Smart enough to worm her way into my dad's life. Pretending to care about us." Turner spoke in a low voice, still mad that Cressida lied to Turner.

"Well that turned dark." I said while every kept their mouth shut. "So umm. Who is paying for the old gals stay at the nursing home?" Harper asked Stephanie "something called 'G&S Limeted Holdings and Acquisition."  I raise my eyebrows, those are some weird words. "Whats that?" Stephanie looked at Turner "I think its a shell company.  A fake. Probably controlled by the Court to pay for things they don't want tractable back to them. But I may have hacked my way into getting their tax returns."

Stephanie put her bag on the table "oh. Which one of your boy toys is gonna take the fall for that? " Harper asked Stephanie sarcastically.  "I hope he's as cute as the last one." Duela said on a hammock that Turner was previously sleeping on. 

I looked over at my left and saw Turner standing near me "glad you could join us." I smiled "mhm." He hummed in response. "Whatever this company is, its taking in a lot of money." Stephanie said after the weird boy-toy question "does this company have an address?" Turner spoke up. Stephanie kept quiet "well does it?" I asked getting impatient "yes." 

Stephanie gave us the address "well let's go." I clapped my hands happily. Wonder whats going to happen next.