Chapter 7

The next morning, Ruka woke up excited. As she was laying in bed, thinking about the day she was gonna have, her phone went off. She picked it up and saw she had a text from Aaron. She sighed and opened her phone to read the text.

Aaron: Hey Ruka, was just wondering if you wanted to join me for a walk on the Strip this evening.

Ruka: I'd like to, Aaron but I'm hanging out by the pool with Zak today. I have a personal rule about this sort of thing.

Aaron: Oh okay :( Well if you change your mind let me know.

Ruka: OK later Aaron

Aaron: Later

'Wow I feel bad about letting Aaron down but I don't want to be with Aaron, I want Zak.' Ruka thought to herself. When Grandma woke up, they went out for breakfast. When they got back to the hotel room, she had a text from Zak.

Zak: Ruka, I'm ready whenever you are you. I'm down at the front desk now if you wanna come down.

Ruka: I'll be right down Zak.

Zak: See you shortly.

While she was texting Zak, she was telling Grandma about her plans this afternoon. After she finished, she went rummaging thru her luggage to find her black and orange bikini. She brushed her hair and pulled it back into a loose braid. She put on a pair of shorts with four buttons down the front, and a black skull tank top. She packed her sport bag with her sunscreen, her beach towel and an extra pair of flip flops. She kissed Grandma goodbye and headed down to the front desk to meet Zak.

When she got there, he had a sport bag of his own, packed and ready for a day by the pool.

"Hey, Zak. You ready for the day?" Ruka asked.

"Yeah, all ready. Got all my stuff in this bag here. I took the liberty of getting us a cabana with private sun chairs in front," Zak mentioned.

Ruka gasped. She texted Grandma.

Ruka: He reserved a private cabana!

Grandma: Wow he must really like you! Go have fun.

Ruka: OK love you!

Grandma: Love you too!

Ruka put away her phone. "Sorry Zak, had to let Grandma know what was going on so she wouldn't worry," Ruka explained.

"All set?" Ruka nodded. "Let's go have fun in the sun then." Zak took her hand and she gasped. He let go in shock.

"What's wrong? Why did you gasp?" Zak asked quickly.

She shook her head. "Nothing's wrong, I just wasn't expecting you to grab my hand, is all."

"OK, it is okay if I hold your hand to guide you to the pool?" Zak requested. She nodded, blushing. As he grabbed her hand again, both hands tingled. Ruka blushed as he led her thru the crowds.