Chapter 24

Months passed before Zak and Ruka could see each other again. With Zak busy with the GAC and trying to get his haunted museum ready, it became very difficult for him to travel to go see her and vice versa. There were plenty of Skype calls, phone conversations, and texts exchanged between the two of them but somehow neither were satisfied with that. It just wasn't enough. But neither really knew what to do. Zak wanted her in Vegas with him and she wanted to be there, too. But she just couldn't afford to pick up and move, and Zak knew this so he devised a plan. When it was ready he called her to tell her about it.

Ruka was at home, resting for a long day at work, watching Dracula, when her phone played Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen. She knew as soon as she heard that, it was Zak. She dove for her phone.
"Zak! I am so happy you called!" Ruka exclaimed. Zak smiled when he heard her voice.
"I'm glad I called, too. I've been doing some thinking." He told her.
"Oh, really? So have I! It has really been killing me to be so far away from and not being able to reach you. I really want to move out there to be with you, but I really can't afford it." Ruka explained.
"I know, Ruka, and that is what I have been thinking about. And I came up with a plan to help you." Zak began to tell her.
"Oh, Zak! What did you come up with?" Ruka asked.
"Well, I know you can't afford to pack up, ship everything here and fly out, so I figured I would come out there and get you myself. I will pay for everything and then when we get out here, I will pay for you to have your car redone, any way you want, or I can buy you whatever car you want." Zak told her. Ruka squealed in his ear so loudly, Zak had to hold the phone away from his ear.
"When are you coming out here, Zak? I need to know so I can get things packed up." Ruka asked.
"Well, we just finished filming an episode and we have one more to do to finish this trip, so in about a week?" Zak said, "I gotta go, Ruka, we are headed to the next location so I will talk to you later," He finished as he hung up. After Zak hung up, Ruka started to get things cleaned up and organized so she could get packing.

Back on the RV, Zak told his plan to the guys. All congratulated him on his plan.  Aaron patted him on the back and told him, "Dude, I am happy for you. It's good to see so happy with someone. And I am glad she picked you over me, because she seems to be a better fit for you anyway."
"Thanks, man. She does make me really happy. I never thought I would ever find anyone." Zak replied.  All the guys laughed and Aaron said, "Don't get all sentimental on us now. Save it for her." Zak nodded.

The week passed by for Zak and Ruka. The day the Zak was due to arrive, Ruka had just finished packing. Then her phone rang. It was Aaron.
"Hey, Ruka, it's Aaron. Are you busy?" Aaron asked, after she answered.
"Not really no, why?" Ruka replied.
"Well........., I have some bad news." Aaron said, hesitantly.
"Oh no! Is Zak ok?" Ruka worriedly asked.
Aaron sighed. He really didn't want to tell her what had happened on the lockdown the day before. But he had to, Zak wanted him to tell her. He made Aaron promise before they began the lockdown. Hesitating, Aaron took a deep breath and prepared to tell her.
Ruka, getting anxious, asked again, "Aaron? Is Zak ok?"
"No, not really. Ruka, Zak got attacked on our lockdown the other night. He is in the hospital right now." Aaron told her.
"What happened??" Ruka nearly screamed.
"Well, he got possessed again. He started going after Billy this time. I managed to get him out to get him blessed with the holy water, but I guess it wasn't enough. He woke up this morning, cursing up a storm and talking to someone, in a voice different than his own. I went to go check on him, and he lunged towards me. I had to call Billy and Jay to come help me restrain him, so we could get him help." Aaron relayed the whole story to her. She sat on the floor listening to all this. When Aaron finished, she took a deep breath. Then she asked one simple question.
"What do I need to do?" With Ruka being a pagan and the only one with the power to cleanse Zak of his demons, she had to help him.
"Stay where you are, I am going to come get you. Zak made me promise that if something happened to him, I would tell you about it, and come get you, as well as take care of shipping your things." Aaron told her.
"Aaron, where are you guys?" Ruka asked.
"I'm about 4 hours from you. I'll be there as soon as I can." Aaron told her.
"Ok, but hurry!" Ruka pleaded as she hung up. While she waited, she moved all her boxes to her living room.