Chapter 22

The next morning, they woke up to the sound of Zak's phone ringing. They rolled over and both groaned.
"Don't answer the phone, Zak! Let it go to voicemail........" Ruka said, groggily.
"I have to see who it is," Zak replied, still very sleepy. Zak picked up his phone and saw it was Aaron. "It's Aaron, I'll just let it go to voicemail," Zak said. He rolled back over and pulled Ruka close to him. Zak's phone rang again. They both sighed. He rolled over and answered it.
"What's up, dude?" Aaron said, once Zak answered.
"Ruka and I were asleep then you called. What do you need, Aaron?" Zak told him.
"We need you to come home today. It's very important," Aaron answered.
"I'm not scheduled to fly home til tomorrow. Can't it wait til then?" Zak asked.
Aaron sighed. "Yeah, I suppose so. I'll have to move things around but I'll make it work." Aaron said.
"Good. I will see you tomorrow afternoon then. Later, G." Zak finished as he hung up. He put his phone down and rolled back over once more. Ruka rolled over to face him and he kissed her. She rolled over onto her back, and buried her head in his chest as he kept his arms around her. Soon, they were both back to sleep.

A few hours later, they woke up and went out to eat. While they were eating, Zak's phone rang again. Zak sighed as he looked at the screen.
"Yes Aaron?" He answered.
"Dude we need you to come home. This can't wait until tomorrow." Aaron replied. Zak sighed.
"What is it? Why can't this wait until tomorrow?" Zak demanded to know.
"Well, your mom had a car accident and is in the hospital......." Aaron told him.
"Oh my god. Ok, I will be on the next flight out as soon as possible. Bye." Zak answered and hung up. Ruka looked at him, utterly confused.
"I need to get home. My mom had an accident and is in the hospital," Zak told her.
"Oh my god, is she ok? Do you want me to go with you?" Ruka asked.
"I don't know and as much as I want you to, I think it's better if you stay here." Zak replied. Ruka nodded. They finished eating and went back to the hotel.

When they got back to the hotel, Zak got packed up as Ruka sat and watched him with a worried look on her face. He stopped when he saw her face. He walked over and kissed her. She took a deep breath and nodded. Zak sat down beside her and put his arm around her.
"Are you worried about me or my mom?" Zak asked her.
"Both, actually," she replied. "I'm worried about you because you are worried and about her because I hope that she is gonna be ok." Ruka finished.
"I will be fine, don't worry about me. If it will make you feel better, why don't you follow me to the airport?" Zak asked her. Ruka nodded and Zak got up to finish packing. When he was ready, they went down to the cars and headed to the airport.

When they arrived at the airport, Zak went and returned the rental while Ruka waited to take him the front. He got in her car a few minutes later and they drove around the front of the airport. They went inside so Zak could get his ticket home. Once that was finished, they headed up towards the terminals. There wasn't much time before Zak had to head thru security.
"I'm going to miss you, Zak." Ruka said, with tears in her eyes.
Zak put his arms around her and hugged her to him. "I'm going to miss you too, Ruka." He replied, kissing the top of her head. "I have to go, I will call you when I land, I promise." Zak assured her. She nodded, unable to speak. She stood there, in front of the security checkpoint, and watched him go. When he got past the guard, he turned and waved before turning the corner. She waved back and once he turned the corner, she turned around and headed out to go home.