Chapter 7: Truce

Derek went to pick Belinda up from the supermarket and while they were in the car driving to Hugo's home, they talked about what Derek should say to him face to face.

Belinda: If Hector's not being serious with you, let's just leave.

Derek: You're right, babe. I promise I won't cause any trouble.

Finally they arrived and parked in front of his house.

Derek: Alright. This is where Hugo lives according to the address the police gave me.

Derek: Time for me to talk with him.

He got out of his car and walked towards the house. He rang the doorbell and the maid of the house, Sarafine, opened the door.

Sarafine: Umm sir, how can I help you? Who are you basically?

Derek: Good afternoon, ma'am. I'm Derek Robinson.

Derek: May I ask if a person named Hugo Rockefeller lives in this house?

Sarafine: Yes he does...But how did you know and why are you here?

Derek: I know him because he went to my old school. I just need to speak to him about something important.

Sarafine went inside the house to tell Hugo about having a visitor.

Sarafine: Hugo, you have a visitor.

Sarafine: There's someone waiting outside and says he wants to talk to you. He said his name was Derek...

Hugo: Omg...I'm dead. I guess he is here to talk to me about Belinda, isn't he?

Sarafine: I don't know...but you should talk to him now he's here.

Hugo walked downstairs and met up face to face with Derek again. They were unable to look at each other for a long time because Hugo felt a sense of guilt and regret for what he had done to Belinda.

Hugo: Hey dude you're here to beat my ass right?

Derek: He remained silent.

Hugo: Listen, you have every right to throw shit at me and not forgive what I did.

Hugo: I met up with your girl today and told her everything. Even though she didn't want to hear any of it.

Derek: I'm here because of what you told her. I still can't forgive you, but I wanna see if you really changed or not.

Hugo: None of the things I said was a joke. I was a bad person, but I promised you I changed for the better.

Hugo: I'm not the same creepy guy you remembered. I'm also sorry for saying you were too strict and harsh with Belinda.

Derek: No dude...I was indeed very mean to her in the beginning. It was my stupid way of showing her I liked her.

Hugo: But I was more horrible than you. I swear I won't go back to that old me.

Derek: I guess it's safe for me to give you one last chance and we can talk more if you want.

Derek: Is it true there's a new guy who's worse than your old self, dude?

Hugo: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you learned about the infamous Stefan Collins. Sucks how my lover is promised to him.

Derek: Being in an affair with someone isn't cool, but maybe it's good for you and your lover.

Derek: I wish there's a way I can help you with this.

Hugo: Wait...You want to help me?

Derek: I bet you hate the feeling as much as I did when I almost lost Belinda.

Hugo: I do...I hate him just as much as you hated me back then.

Hugo: Well at the end of the day, shall we call truce? Extended his hand to Derek.

Derek: Shook his hands. We should. You have a new ally to fight against that bad guy.

At Stefan's house, Kade decided to tell him all about what he saw at the supermarket.

Kade: Stefan you won't believe what I saw at the supermarket.

Stefan: Tell me about it, Kade.

Kade: I saw Hugo with a girl I've never seen before. I wonder if she was his former love interest.

Stefan: That seems interesting...I'm curious about what they said. Do you remember anything?

Kade: I heard him apologizing to her...and I think he mentioned you too.

Stefan: That's weird...But anyways what did he say about me?

Kade: I couldn't hear very well since so many people were around me.

Stefan: I'm sure he said something nice about me to that girl.

Stefan: It's not like he can find something negative about me to tell people.

Stefan: I think I should talk more with him and make him join our group.

Kade: I don't think you have to worry about what he said. Since you and him are very good friends.

Kade: We should make him feel better and be more like us.

Stefan: Hugo can have any girl he wants, but not my Christa. Our relationship is the definition of perfection.

2 weeks later, Christa was spending time one night at Stefan's house and one morning when she woke up, she felt super nauseous for some odd reason. She threw up in the bathroom and she decided to take a pregnancy test to confirm it's not what she's thinking. However, the result showed positive.

Christa: She thought to herself. Positive? No, I can't be pregnant!

Christa: She got out of the bathroom to tell Stefan about this. I don't know how this happened, but I'm pregnant...

Stefan: How could that be, darling? We use protection all the time...

Christa: I don't know how to tell my parents nor do I know how to raise a child, Stefan...

Stefan: Maybe there's a mistake...we can go check at the hospital.

When Stefan left in the afternoon, Christa decided to tell Ricky about the baby as well.

Christa: You'll hate to hear this, but I'm pregnant with Stefan's child...

Ricky: He was shocked. You are what? No way...that can't be.

Christa: I'm not joking, Ricky. I don't believe that creep when he said he used protection.

Ricky: F**k that asshole! I hate him and the child he put in your stomach!

Christa: She cried. What am I supposed to do? I'm carrying a life and Stefan will kill me if I get rid of it.

Ricky: Sis, it's better if you abort the child if you don't want it...

Christa: It's a very hard decision to make... I need to talk to Hugo about this too....