Chapter 4: A transatlantic roadtrip *Smut warning*

*Smut* warning. Smut on the classier side, cuz it takes place in England, but smut nonetheless. Enjoy. 

The Heathrow Airport flickered by outside. Cate sat right next to me in the driver's seat - she was wearing shades so it was difficult to read her expression. We took a red-eye to England together without anyone knowing. I told my boss that I wouldn't be reachable by cell for a few days during my PTO. 

As a rigorous planner who used to plan every trip down to each half hour, it was the most spontaneous thing I'd done in my entire life. Being with Cate gave me the liberty to let go a bit. 

As she took an early exit for Bath, I asked: "Are we heading the right way?" 

Cate said, "Darling, we're not headed to London yet. We're spending 2 days in Bath first." 

"Isn't your shoot scheduled to be in London?" 

"Yes," she answered, "The thing is, darling, I'm not quite ready to go to London yet. Not with you. Andrew and the kids are there. Before we go there, I want a bit of alone time with you. Just the two of us." 

"I wouldn't mind that." I purred. 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, the men in Bath aren't known for being clothed, the way you prefer them to be." She took off her sunglasses, and placed her hand on my lap.

"I guess we'll have to take spa day off the agenda," I giggled. 

As we gently rolled into the quiet countryside, we talked of her divorce and my upbringing, our bodies languid from jet lag. Her scent - mixed with a hint of pine oil fragrance, permeated the elongated space. 

"You know I've never been with anyone else since Andrew." She sighed, "Our relationship was very meaningful, but I was young...I didn't know the dangers of marrying...a friend. And Andrew was the best of friends, a kindred spirit even, don't get me wrong, but just that." She turned her face towards me, drowning me in her unique shade of cerulean blue. "But I did want to thank you, sweetheart, for coming with me on this trip. It means the world to me." 

"Spending time with you isn't exactly a chore." 

"Do you ever...spend time with anyone your own age?" 

"Not intentionally." 

"So...no men, no young people. I guess that leaves middle-aged women like me?" 

My face started burning and I felt my torso shrivel. It was difficult to muster up years of learned stoicism when you're locked in the intoxicating gaze of someone you were deeply attracted to. My defensive instinct kicked in.

"I admire the personality of women who are more mature, that's all." 

"I caught you staring at me with my sunglasses on a while ago. I hope it wasn't all because of my personality." 

Before I had the chance to make a rebuttal, the car stopped. "We're here. Help me carry my trunk please."

Cate's tease lingered on my mind as we checked into the presidential suite (the rate was indeed, attractive) at a boutique hotel nestled on the outskirts of Bath. She had dissected me the way she would a character in a script that she was about to play. A high achieving young woman whose masculine drive and discipline traced back to deep-seated mommy issues and a perpetual yearning for the divine feminine. 

As apropos as can be for a hotel in Bath, the suite entranced opened to an indoor spa on the balcony. Steam rose lusciously within its round confines, reflecting dapples of sunlight before dissolving into the brisk spring wind. As I resurfaced from my shower to unpack, a velvet bathrobe hanging from my shoulders and an Egyptian cotton towel around my head, I was stunned to see Cate's piercing blue eyes reading me from behind the veil of mist. 

"Care to join me?" Her deep voice vibrated through the distance between us. White bubbles rose up all around her, but I could make out the sumptuous lines of her bare shoulders and back. I starting walking towards her, as if walking towards eternity, all the voices in my head going quiet. We basked in the glory of complete anonymity. 

I sat down on the edge of the pool. One of her hands reached up and framed my face with all the tenderness that was forbidden in the world, and brought it down to meet her lips. The kiss completely softened her - her prominent cheekbones and angular facial structure seemed to be melting under the steam. She was all flesh, and no bones, supple with pathways for pleasure. She was a glorious human being, and she was wide open. 

Her other hand began to tug at my bathrobe until it fell to the ground. I stepped into the spa and felt the heated spring water shift shape with each motion - it was the only thing between Cate's body and my own. Cate's hands moved down to each side of my hips and pinned me to a seating position, leaning me against the wall of the spa. 

"Mommy's got a special seat for you." 

I did not know what she meant specifically until I felt it - a gush of water spurting up towards me, enveloping my pelvic floor with a force that overshadowed its complete invisibility. Cate smirked as our eyes met in tacit understanding and my breathing grew heavy, as innocent childhood memories of playing in the shower and surreptitious ecstasy flashed through my mind. She kept me absolutely still so that I could sail on the vertical wave that buoyed my entire body, while adding fuel to my internal motor with moist kisses all over my neck and shoulders. 

"That's beautiful, darling..." she whispered in my ear the way she did when she first saw me on the piano bench at the screening. 

"Cate...Cate," 

As if she knew that my entire lower half was in full bloom from the pressure of the water jet, she pushed me away from it and straddled me. Our bodies aligned as if they were each other's socket, and with the hot spring as our lubricant, she began to grind on me in the missionary position with reckless abandon that I'd never seen before in her 5 feet and 8 inches of grace and class. Our synced vocals were indistinguishable from the gurgling of the water. 

After about 10 minutes of rhythmic friction that cross pollinated both our anatomies with ferocious rapture, the release announced itself with fanfare ringing in our ears. Each of our muscular contractions grazed deep into each other's bodily boundaries, threatening to penetrate the flesh and blurring the difference between internal and external. I felt it sending ripples throughout the pool, with the point of contact between our hips as the epicenter. 

"God, you're giving me life." She sighed as finally rolled off me. 

-----

What I never expected was that postcoital melancholy tended to peel at Cate and reveal dark truths that she kept hidden away. 

"I have to tell you the real reason I came to London." She started. 

I hesitated for a moment, not realizing the gravity that was about to hit me.

"The shoot could've been done anywhere really. Todd always works with a small budget. It was I who requested London." She continued, "because Andrew has asked to get back together..."

Please vote and comment if you like the story so far! Also feel free to DM me any suggestions :) There's a 69% chance that I'll incorporate them.