Afraid

Mayor Shelbourne sat down with a glass of wine after a long day of being mayor. It was late. He didn't know why, but he felt very on edge lately. He never had very good control over his own emotions, though it felt even more so then usual. He had snapped at Gil quite a bit today. He had yelled at quite a few people. Why was he feeling so angry?

He took another sip of his wine, trying to clear his head. He locked his bedroom door. He told Gil to go straight to bed when they got home. He was already on edge, there was no need to make it worse. He usually only felt this way when he transformed into his werewolf side. Even then however, it's usually not this bad at all. He was human form now though.

He had always tried to keep this as hidden as possible. Gil knew about it, and unfortunately flint, and Sam had seen it, last Halloween night. Right when he thought he was getting better control over it, it just popped out of the blue. He could feel it coming. Though he was a middle aged man. And the Mayor. He should have control over himself by now.

He had always thirsted for control. Not only of his own life, but those around him. Becoming mayor gave him that ability. Mayor Shelbourne looked down only to realize he had long black claws digging into the arms of the chair. He hadn't realized he was doing that. There were now ripped holes in the chair. He suddenly felt an intense jerk in his whole body.

It was happening again. His body doubled in size, fur grew all over his body, his teeth sharpened, his pupils dialed, he let out a long loud howl. Gil could hear it from his own room. He was afraid. He was so scared whenever this happened. He tried not to think about it as he heard his fathers howls scream through the night. It sounded terrifying. Even gave Gil nightmares from time to time.

Gil pulled up his covers tightly. Finally the howling stopped. Gil was too scared to get out of bed. He just stayed put the rest of the night. He wanted so badly to help his father, but at the same time he was too afraid. He was afraid to even look at him. Gil tried his best to go back to sleep. His father usually returned back to his human form by morning.