Stormy night

Mayor Shelbourne was in his werewolf form and in bed for a few hours now. He tried to sleep but he just couldn't. As much as his son irritated him to no end, he couldn't stop thinking about what happened. He couldn't get Gil's terrified look out of his mind. The way he looked at him. Gil had never looked at him like that before. Gil had never cried like that before.

Gil looked so afraid. Mayor Shelbourne knew Gil was afraid of pretty much everything, including him, but he never saw him quite that scared before. Yes Gil was always afraid of his father, but what happened was different. He was always rough on Gil. He always treated him terribly, but he didn't mean to cause actual damage. He sounded like he was in pain.

He'll be fine. Mayor Shelbourne thought to himself. Then again, what if Gil's ribs were broken? What if it was worse then he thought? Mayor Shelbourne simply could not sleep. He got out of bed and walked down the hall to his sons room. He went in and saw Gil in bed struggling to breathe a bit from what happened. Mayor Shelbourne got in bed with Gil. He curled himself around Gil a bit, protecting him.

Mayor Shelbourne could see a bit from Gil's nightlight near his bed. He noticed a small cut on Gil's forehead. It must have been from what happened earlier. Mayor Shelbourne leaned in and licked Gil's wound slightly, but not enough to wake him. He then laid back down beside him. Mayor Shelbourne could hear some thunder in the distance. He also could see some flashes of lightning. A thunderstorm would be beginning soon. Mayor Shelbourne could sense it was nearby.

The storm was getting closer, and mayor Shelbourne could hear the first hum of thunder coming. It began to rain and mayor Shelbourne could hear it pitter patter on the windows of Gil's bedroom. He hoped it wouldn't wake his son. Some more thunder hummed a bit louder, and mayor Shelbourne thought he heard a little squeal coming from Gil. Mayor Shelbourne pulled up the covers over both of them trying to make Gil feel safe.

The sound of the rain was soothing. Mayor Shelbourne almost never transformed into his werewolf until night fall. Only then would it happen, especially with a full moon. Mayor Shelbourne couldn't see the moon tonight, due to all the storm clouds. Though he was still in werewolf form. He just hoped he would find a way to control this better, before something else happens.