1. Changes for forever

Lamberts' House, County Kerry, Ireland

It was sunny morning. Cathy suddenly woke up. She was sweaty. She sat on her bed, looked at her hands, then around her small room. Suddenly, she caught her head and closed her eyes. She had few short visions. Has her mother been kidnapped? For what reason... and why? Cathy hid her face in her white pillow. She hoped that it was a nightmare, and she would wake up soon. There was one weird thing: it was unnaturally quiet. At that time, Sandra Lambert used to make breakfast. After few minutes, girl went downstairs.

"Mom?" she shouted while she was looking around the kitchen.

She didn't get any answer. What's more – there was nobody except her. She was walking until she felt her foot was wet. Water was pink, so she thought it must have been raspberry tea. Except that, she saw broken cup which was white.

"Where is she? Lok is arriving today... she could leave a message to not worry me!" she thought loudly and cleaned up the kitchen floor.

She came into living room and sat on a leather armchair. After some thoughts about where her mother could have gone, she stood up and went to her room to change clothes. It would be bad idea to welcome Lok in pyjama, wouldn't it?

Late afternoon, County Kerry, Ireland

Lok and Cherit were walking a country road to boy's family house. Young leader missed his family a lot. He still lives in Italy, thousands of kilometres away from Ireland. His teammates got their private things to do which they wanted to do in their holidays, so nobody could go with him. Boys stood before wooden doors. Cherit took a deep breath and hid in Lok's backpack probably for some hours. Lambert knocked the door. Cathy instantly opened it.

"Lok! You're finally there! You don't even imagine how much I missed you!" she said very happy. "Come in" she said calmer.

"Hello sister" he hug her after he came inside home. "Where is mum?" he asked when he realized that his mother hadn't been here.

"I haven't seen her since morning. I hoped she would be back when you arrive" she looked at kitchen.

"Did she leave home without any message?" Lok asked a little bit shocked.

"I didn't see any notice. When I woke up, she hadn't been here. One weird thing I saw, it was broken cup with a tea but I cleaned it" Cathy clenched her fists for a moment.

"Are you sure it wasn't a nightmare?" he looked at his sister.

"Don't make me a fool, Lok. Moreover... I am not sure what was true and what was in my nightmare" her eyes were glassy. "Since few days... mum used to leave home for a long time. Almost every time she came back after midnight!" Cathy calmed down a bit.

"Don't worry Cath, she won't do anything stupid. I know it" her brother put his hand on her arm.

Girl wiped her tears and nodded to her brother. It was one of worst days in Cathy's life. Since Eathon disappeared, Sandra had to take care about everything. Home, children and herself. When Lok decided to study in Venice, home was empty. That boy was living spirit and home atmosphere was alive. Most of time, Mrs Lambert was alone at home. Short-haired girl promised herself to not leave her mum after graduating high school. That's why she didn't started her studies on university. Sandra was against that idea, but Cathy told her she needed to take a gap year.

"I've made a stew, I will serve it in a moment" girl said.

"Let me help you" Lok offered.

Lambert ignored what her brother said and they went together to kitchen. Lok put plates on a table top and Cathy did other stuff. Boy went upstairs to leave his backpack and came back to his sister. After eating very tasty dinner and drinking tea, siblings started to talk about their childhood and some funny events from that time.