16. Golem from a cave

High School, Venice, Italy

The second week of school began. Because of that, Den and Harrison had to come back to school. The bell rang. The older Fears packed his books into his gray backpack and quickly left the classroom. After a moment, he met his brother in the courtyard. It was necessary to take advantage of the beautiful weather. What a feeling it was to rest in the company of beautiful green trees and feel the sun's rays pleasantly warming the skin?

"How's it going?" Den asked, sitting down next to his brother.

"I forgot over the holidays how school sucks out all of my energy." he grumbled, digging his hands into the pockets of his claret hoodie.

"Is it just hitting you now?"

"I already have two tests announced!" he said unhappily.

"Welcome to the realities of high school. Time to wake up." the older boy nudged his brother's arm.

"I'll wake up after graduating." he grumbled, feeling wasted, and rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, a girl approached the two. Boys looked in her direction.

"Hey there. Good to see familiar faces." Malia greeted.

"You go to school here too?" older Fears raised an eyebrow.

"Well, why not?" she asked amusedly.

"I thought you were Lok and Sophie's age." Harrison said.

Lyssa shook her head.

"What's up with you guys? We haven't seen each other in a while." girl spoke up.

"It's been a bit quiet. We haven't had any missions since the school year started." Den replied.

Girl scratched her head.

"That's rough. Meanwhile, I have to deal with patients almost every day." the girl said.

"Have you passed your exams already?" Den asked, surprised.

"I'm still doing my practical training. I know a lot already, but there's still a lot to learn." she replied.

"It probably won't take you long." Harrison remarked.

"Who knows. We'll see. Have you finished classes already?" girl changed the subject.

Dante's House, Venice, Italy

Lok was looking at something on the holotome in the living room while Cherit was taking a nap. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. Lambert got up, walked to the entrance, and opened the door. Fears brothers stood before him.

"Did you forget your keys?" he asked, surprised.

"It was faster to get you to open than to search for the keys in that pile of books." Den replied.

"Alright, forget about it."

Lok returned to his place.

"And you won't greet your colleague?" older Fears asked.

Lambert glanced towards the entrance.

"Hi. I hope you haven't forgotten the face of the person who saved your girlfriend some time ago." the girl with the braid spoke up.

"Malia? I didn't notice you. Sorry about that. What brings you here?" Lambert gestured for her to sit on the bright armchair opposite him.

The Fears brothers took a seat on the cream-colored couch.

"You seriously didn't know anything," the girl addressed the boys.

" 'Anything' means?" Lambert asked, intrigued.