6. Dante's past

Vale promised himself never to enter that room again. He has been keeping room locked for years. On the other hand, he didn't want to do it forever. That's why he decided to make this room available to Lok's sister. Man turned the key in the dark brown door, then opened it. At first glance, the room was similar in size to the one where Cathy had previously resided with Den.

The floor was covered with panels. The walls had a shade of light purple. On the right side of room there was a bed with only a mattress, which needed renovation, and a nightstand with a lampshade featuring barely visible flowers and a picture frame. On the left side of room there was a wardrobe. There was a desk next to it. There were some notes, papers, and a pencil case with pencils and two pens on it.

25 years ago
Vale family house, Venice, Italy

Family spent a Sunday afternoon together. Dante and his older brothers were playing tag in the backyard in front of the house. The older Vale siblings didn't do it because they were bored. They wanted their beloved younger brother to have plenty of strength. In profession of a seeker, strength and agility were quite important. Dante was supposed to become a seeker one day like his older brothers.

"Karl, Boris... let me catch you! I am smaller than you!" said 5-year-old Dante.

Karl was the second oldest brother. His short hair was black, and his eyes were blue. He usually wore a dirty green T-shirt with some patterns or symbols related to the Naruto series, along with loose light-colored trousers that looked good with his dark sneakers.

Boris was the first child in the Vale family. He inherited the color of his hair from his mother, which had a shade of chestnut brown. His eyes were the same as Karl's. His style of dress could be considered very casual. He loved to wear an unzipped gray hoodie and a blue T-shirt, along with gray or black shorts and lace-ups. On sunny days, he would sometimes wear a white cap with a blue visor, as the sun's rays bothered his blue eyes a lot.

"Alright. Come here." Karl said to his little brother.

Indeed, young Vale managed to touch him. After a moment, Karl touched his little brother and quickly moved away.

"Hey! That's not how it was supposed to go!" Dante protested, stomping his foot in frustration.

"Those are the rules of tag, Dante." Karl replied cheerfully.

Young Vale tried to hold back his laughter. Unlike Boris, who chuckled as if something had possessed him. He quickly regained control when Karl nudged him.

"Come home. Lunch is ready!" Arnetta called from the window.

She was younger than Karl and Boris but still 10 years older than Dante. Girl had beautiful, chestnut-brown long hair. Her eyes were light brown, just like Dante's. She was the only one in the family who wore thin-framed glasses. She mostly wore a light top and a dark, short, wavy skirt.

Their mother was a master of cooking. That day she decided to cook an Italian classic: pizza. After lunch, boys went off to play tag again.

"Now that you've eaten, you should have more strength to catch us" Karl said to Dante.

"Come on! You're both over twenty and playing like kids." girl said, watching her siblings while leaning against the brick wall of the house."

Arnetta, like any teenager, was going through her own kind of youthful rebellion and already considered herself an adult. So far, she was the first case in the Vale siblings to go through adolescence so tumultuously. The Vale parents had more trouble with Arnetta than with their two eldest children combined. Only on missions could she restrain herself from sniping at her brothers or father, with whom she hadn't been getting along for some time.